A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Looking for help developing MMORPG

Smidge204

It's still looks the same. Meh, might be my internet browser or like you said you're just messing with it. If it helps, here's my browser information:

Browser: Windows Internet Explorer 7

Version: 7.0.5346.5

Cipher Strength: 128-bit

Update Versions: Beta 2

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see, well I get no message at the top giving an error nor anything within the window complaining about an error involving javascript. I checked my preferences and javascript appears to be enabled. I tried unchecking something that said 'disable script debugging' and that didn't seem to change anything. Maybe I'm looking for/doing the wrong thing?

I'm actually one of the few who personally prefers IE over the rest. I've tried a couple and just like the layout and workings of IE more. Although I do happen to have Firefox installed in case of a situation like this. I'll try it using that and tell you how it goes.

Edit: Aw gawd, I gotta download something just to view sfghqmb using firefox and seeing how it's expecting me to wait 1 hour for it to finish, I think I'm going to do this some other time.

Edit2: Tried it with Opera and my difference was it telling me my health was low to the right and at the bottom saying that I died somehow. I also have no stat points to distribute. =<

SmidgeMap.PNG

Disregard what I said about SA2 taking place in Station Square. The President resides in Central City, and they barge in on the president during the course of the game. In Sonic X, there is no central city, and the president is thought to be in Station Square. Regardless, the game canon takes priority over Sonic X canon.

This however still fits with the regioning. Central City, as the name implies, would be a relatively inland city fairly central to the country.

Also, I changed the location of Prison Island to one that makes more sense given the locale of the other SA2 events.

One of the things on there is just a joke.

Also, when mountains are adjacent to water, don't add a beach line to those areas. There aren't going to be 8 miles of beach with a mountain coastline. Maybe in some stretches, there might be enough beach to be appropriate to draw, but the vast majority should remain mountainous.

Also, I should note that Eggman's base island in Sonic X was very small and the island currently representing it is over a hundred miles wide in some areas. In the show, the island probably was less than a mile.

I wonder if you should stick the hidden greenhill zone location in there like it was in sa2, regardless if its meaning to the story isn't important.

Edit: Relized I could skip whatever it was installing and still view sfghqmb with Firefox. Anyway, I see the same as Opera did. I'm guessing IE7 screwed it up and now I'm dead and can't do anything. Can you reset my character or something? The username is 'LarkSS'.

LarkSS: Stat points don't work yet anyway.

I "borrowed" your account. It does indeed appear that you are dead. This seems to be because your character does not exist. (Player info and character info are seperate database tables).

There is likely a bug in the registration script. I'm fixing it now.

Edit: I fixed the bug (silly typo). LarkSS and DJTJJ need to remake their accounts.

=Smidge=

So, IE still didn't work, so I'm guessing it's incompatible with that browser for now. Trying it with Opera worked fine, though when I clicked on this square with 2 little people on it, I encounter an error. Also, when I pick up an item I don't see it in my item menu, which actually was completely invisible in this case. After encountering that error for the 3rd time, the page froze and even if I refresh, I can't seem to view it anymore. =/

DW I was actually going to move Prison Island a bit further away to the land mass but I was going to play around with the map first. As for Never Lake I'm not sure what its size is, it had a freakin planet floating above it (on the size of the planet itself I'm not sure mind you) so the actual size of the lake is undecided with me.

Scatta I don't think you can place Green/White forest in a main land mass, I was under the impression that it was on Prison Island, although its condition after the explosion is unknown (I'm guessing most of it is burnt to the ground)

Played around with the map a bit more and decided to place the areas of Sonic Heroes and Sonic Battle to the west since you could consider the Heroes start of from Battle's location (I added a bit of land mass, hope you don't mind Smidge) as well as putting in West Side Island (Sonic 2's setting) moved the islands a bit further apart, shrinking Never Lake (its only large in the area where the Never Planet floats above it) and not really sure about the location of Flickies Island since its apparently set in an Alternate Dimension.

Also could Angel Island be considered mobile? in S3&K it was in the middle of a vast sea when it fell, in Sonic Adventure next to Mystic Ruins and Knuckles, Chaos and the Emerald Shrine appeared in Sonic Battle (weather or not it could be considered Angel Island is another thing)

Anyway heres the editted map Smidge. And sorry DW, when I originally did this post I didn't see your editted map so I'll fix it up later accordingly with the added/editted positions.

worldmapws8.png

Scatta I don't think you can place Green/White forest in a main land mass, I was under the impression that it was on Prison Island, although its condition after the explosion is unknown (I'm guessing most of it is burnt to the ground)

I believe it was part of Prison Island as well. I also think Prison Island was made up of many mini-islands and one or two big islands kinda like the way you illustrated it.

The whole problem is the Sonic CD intro

lilplanetgv2.jpg

And we know the the Little Planet has at least 7 zones (although I'm sure there are more like that editted out desert level) and those 7 zones could all be complete in about 30 minutes. So then, what would the exact size of the planet be if Sonic can complete it in such a short time?

EDIT: Now heres the CORRECT editted map.

newworldmaphk7.png

And I'm unsure if there was any islands surrounding Chaos Control (actually it really should just be a dot since it is so small)

And I had a thought, could Sonic Rush and Sonic Advance 2 both take place on the same island? or did Cream and her mum move during that time?

Is that a compleatly different Ice cap? Because I'm under the impression that the zone was on Angel Island due to S3&K and SA(DX).

Edit: Looked back in the topic and found out it was the OVA's IceCap. But now that raises the the question of Where is the Land of the Sky and Robotnik Land?

I thought they were just there to make the outline of the lands clearer, I didn't think they were the beach outlines.

Yes, they are. Smidge actually imports the maps from an image much like this one, and if you tried his test, you'd notice that the land is equivalent to the image. Minus the heaping red lines of course.

Well LarkSS - I just downloaded and installed Opera 9 and it seems to work great except for some minot formatting issues. Could you be more specific about your error message?

Edit: I take that back. The HP meter bar is broken in Opera 9. I shall investivate this.

Yes, they are. Smidge actually imports the maps from an image much like this one, and if you tried his test, you'd notice that the land is equivalent to the image. Minus the heaping red lines of course.

This is not true. Right now, map editing must be done one tile at a time.

There is no particular reason why a "beach" tile needs to boarder land and sea. That's just the way I made the original map. Right now there are 10 types of tile: Grass, Sand, Forest, Tundra, Snow, Water, Hills, Mountains, and a tile to represent a "base" for each of the two default factions. Do not let yourself be limited to these. Tiles are just 100x100 GIFs.

=Smidge=