A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Next Gen Running

Jsonic

I would have to be somewhat sorry, since however the user's fault may be, I'll still go by my stand that file-format artifacts stepped in. I know that I'm not a good drawer but for the entire time I've drawn (Not scanning, but shouldn't count), I never had such 'white pixels' destroy the pic in that sense.

Now however, do try to make Sonic's legs a bit thicker, as they are too pencil like, would make him look like he's gonna fall down. And try to make his head seem more round. I know it's not easy to make circular shapes freely, add to that that you kind of need to fix the angle. Looks like he would trip at any moment.

@Scatta: yes you are correct, It is color pencile.

@Ryan Cordel: Dose this look any better to you!?

Sonic%20Next%20Gen%20Run2.jpg

as for the background. the original size of the paper (11x8.5 in) was really big and would have required more time that I didn't have. also I drew this in a MEAD Acadamie Sketch Diary or aleast that what it says on the cover.

also the picture (the one in my 1st post) is 25% of the orinial size my EPSON PERFECTION 1640SU pick up. it scaned it as a Color Photo.

Edit:

this is kinda what I was trying to draw, same animation anyway different background.

Yes I know that hands are off according to this screenshot.

sonic%20next%20run.jpg

I would have to be somewhat sorry, since however the user's fault may be, I'll still go by my stand that file-format artifacts stepped in. I know that I'm not a good drawer but for the entire time I've drawn (Not scanning, but shouldn't count), I never had such 'white pixels' destroy the pic in that sense.

Now however, do try to make Sonic's legs a bit thicker, as they are too pencil like, would make him look like he's gonna fall down. And try to make his head seem more round. I know it's not easy to make circular shapes freely, add to that that you kind of need to fix the angle. Looks like he would trip at any moment.

You've never seen textured sketchbook paper have you? At least, I presume thats why there is so much white. Colored pencils just do that.

You've never seen textured sketchbook paper have you? At least, I presume thats why there is so much white. Colored pencils just do that.

Or he was just colouring on a wooden surface.

The second picture is nice, although if your trying to do the Sonic Next head I'd suggest making his spikes go up a bit more before they go down. Nice work though.

"Or he was just colouring on a wooden surface."

'Tis true. I hate when that happens.. and yet.. it's so easily solved. :P

I must say the digipainted version is nice.. it's a bit "muddy" though so the nice shading isn't as apparent. Try and fix that up a bit and it'll rawk.

The second one was done by the Smooth and Preserve Edges function on maximum level. I didn't do it by hand. Anyway, maybe some time later I'll redraw the hole thing to be more accurate. besides drawing figure based characters like sonic unfortunetly isn't my strong point. I'm much better at non-living objects like consoles such as this

Dreamcast.jpg

the best thing I can say about this drawing is that I drew it entirely from memory, I haven't looked at a Dreamcast console directly for a long time now and I think it's quite accurate. I do cars as well, most of the time pulling random designs out of thin air.