A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

So the PS3 Finally reveals itself...

Asuma

that thing is huge....my poor slimline isnt going to be very happy with that. although wireless is cool, ive been needing some longer cords+tidyness. btw, does the Xbox360 wireless have rumble? since thats been a major thing about the PS3, and i know the wavebird didnt use it

I'm not sure how this is news at all. We, or I anyway, knew half this stuff from the get go. You can tell from the pictures and whatnot that it's overly shiny and slick which means it's more prone to fingerprints. We've seen video of the games already, and we knew it was going to be bulky. I mean just look at the pictures that were on the official PS3 site. It's bulky. I don't see anything different now except that it's in front of a TV. Doesn't change the fact that it's noticeably bulky. Only thing I can say for this is that we can "see people playing it out of the box," but who cares? It's still not news.

"The start up is amazingly fast. And game load times were faster than expected. In fact, PS3 does both at about the same speed of PSP."

Aren't quite a few of the game load times for the PSP a bit slow? Why would this be amazing?

I hope that PS3 explodes and kills them all.

I DESPISE sony's tactics with this system, its SUCH bull____. I want their system to fail harder than any system has ever failed in history. (Forget Dreamcast, i mean like Sega CD phailure.)

I hate that such kickass games are exclusive for this system. (FF13, Metal Gear Solid, DMC4 omfg.) If anything, i hope Capcom and Hideo break off from them and give it to the 360. (Until i see some real gameplay and less cinematics, i still couldnt give a rats ass about Final Fantasy anymore.)

Yea, ____ sony. Awsome graphics, awsome horsepower, but i seriously want that system to melt into a boiling puddle.

EDIT: The 360 is bulky, but its all but Ugly.

That thing is ugly. (no, seriously, sony hatred aside. compared to 360's Computer design and Wii's awsome N design, that thing is fugly.)

Guest Shadix

I doubt it. It'd be kind of rediculous for Microsoft to drop their price that low so quickly, plus they've never been the company to care very much about competitive pricing.

In spite of that, XBox remained at the highest price of any console of the last generation for pretty much every given time. I also hardly expect them to just pull a crazy move like pricing at 100 dollars.

According to the rumor, they're suppose to drop it only during the PS3's launch.

"Have we forgotten how LARGE the X360 is?"

Psh. The PS3 is tons bigger, and it's nowhere near as sleek. Hell, the X360 is also tons easier to look at, as opposed to this.. this... bulky scanner-esque thing that will have millions of fingerprints covering it after the first week. But to each his own I guess. Whatever floats your boat. Some other saying that means "whatever you say."

Koray: I dunno, man. I still kind of desire a PS3 so that I can obtain my Nomura-lovin'. Those idiots won't jump ship. =/