A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Retro-Sonic: Let's Get it On

Ok, i've decided to release the Dreamcast version first this weekend

Not sure about the PC version... i'd really like to have Egg Garden and Dust Hill complete to show all the neat BG effects (Egg Garden has 3 Different Backgrounds throughout the zone)

Nope. He's just releasing the DC one first.

I can't get it to work at all, tho my CD burner's slow as hell, trying to get Nero 7 as I got 6... now I got 7

AND IT WOK! Anyone who has probs should get Nero Ultra 7 or any other seven might work... I dunno.

Taxxy shoulda like posted what verson exactly he used XD

A disk image is a computer file containing the complete contents and structure of a data storage medium or device. The term has been generalized to cover any such file, whether taken from an actual physical storage device or not.

One of the most popular and commonly encountered types of disk images is a CD/DVD image. In simple terms, a CD/DVD-image is an exact digital replica of a CD/DVD, whereby all of the data is stored in one file to completely preserve the data structure and integrity of the CD/DVD. CD/DVD images are essential for retaining copy-protection data and multi-track data/audio.

Images of CD-ROMs are usually .ISO files, referring to the ISO 9660 file system commonly used on such disks. The .ISO format is the most common format for software disk images, but does not support multi-track data or audio CDs, a major disadvantage.

Macintosh computers are able to create and mount disk images in the .DMG format.

Other common disk image formats include: .BIN/.CUE, .IMG, .NRG[1], .MDF/.MDS[2], and .CCD/.IMG/.SUB[3].

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disc_image

You have to burn a CD-R disc with a burning tool, such as DVD Decrypter, Alcohol 120 or Nero Burning Rom. After that, you select to burn the image, select the file wich was inside the rar and set it to write at low speeds (4x or so)

XD. I enjoyed that. It felt alot like Sonic The Hedgehog 2, Exept not everything was perfect. I found some qliches, but you probublly expected that. :D

1) Like progames said, when you click "Exit Game" It frezzes. of corse, the dreamcast cant turn itself off...

2) In Labrinth Zone, some of the platforms are'nt solid.

3) I found how to use debug mode, and I used that to finish Labrinth Zone Act 2. than it loads... and than it frezzes. :P

hey i have a question taxman or saxman. hehe sorry. but anywho what levels are in the DC port. and is anything like the old demo we're all used too. i really enjoyed the early levels you had in there. hehe maybe in the next release maybe if you guys can >.> put one act for both of the early stages

• 3 months later...

I believe DW was referring to how you replied to a topic 95 days old with what is essentially spam.

Topic is locked for a few days to prevent other idiots from doing the same. If anyone has anything useful to post that would legitimately continue the topic, they can wait until it's unlocked.

=Smidge=