A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

-Update-Blaze: Legend of the Sol Emeralds +NEW A.I + Special Animation+

Please read the word file. I'm going to put it into a notepad later on for the next demo release. also I made moves a bit easier to do you don't need such precise timing or speed. Which ever my change effected.

Come no guys comment on my Demo I need info on what I should fix change add ect

I have a few suggestions...

First, there needs to be some real sensation when a blow connects. Right now, all you have is a confirmation noise. First, slow the animations momentarily during a hit. Second, knock the player back a little when they score the hit. Also, you might consider shaking the camera a little.

Also, the special moves are difficult to perform and its hard to tell exactly when you can perform them. I don't care if its cheesy, flash some kind of corny large red asian symbol in the center of the screen when you as a confirmation that you can use a special move and make the combos a little easier to perform eh?

The enemies are kinda rigged. Archers would be a lot kinder if they actually gave some kind of warning before firing (like knocking their arrow) and you ought to make the typical pawn type enemy not be immediately able to attack while you are busting out a combo on them.

And thats all for now.

Ok lets start from....the start. The real sensation when hitting some talk about that a bit more I'm not fully understanding it. You want me to slow whos animation down exactly. And do you want both the player and the enemy to move back? If so I can easily do that I guess. The camera thing not sure which moves I would make do it but that seems like an interesting idea. The only problem is the game dose not scroll but I can easily fix that by making the edges go out a bit more and and making 100% transparent backdrop to stop you from moving and move the camera over to the edges a bit. About the symbol I mean the moves themselves should be enough I mean when blaze starts whirling fire around her I think someone would know your using the move. Or when she dashes into the air. Also I noticed that the moves are a tad bit difficulty to execute. I mean I even had problems doing them. I mean if I can't do it then who can. I already took care of this and the moves are a lot easier to do. Now the problem is about the symbol how would I let them know WHICH skills they were able to do. The archers do have a bit of a warning. Their shooting state. They don't shoot until that is finished but I guess I could slow it down a bit. Also if the enemies is able to attack you in the middle of a combo that means that there was to much space between the attacks. I know for a fact they cant attack while hurt but its probably because they swing so fast. I need to save that for later stronger enemeys

Ok here is a tiny list of changes updates and WIP's

*Updates*

Added shaking screen

Added animation slow down

Made Archers attack a bit slower for reaction time.

Made pawn enemy slow down attacks.

COMPLETLY REDONE COMBO SYSTEM(uses Finite State Machine Thanks to DW to teaching it to me. Yay I'm 16 and I know college stuff!)

Knock Down System

Extra: Heres a preview of the ability menu I will be working one once the core engine is done.

abilitysdb3.png

*WIP*

Stat Upgrade

New Enemy Type

Story

• Like 1

Trust me I wont :aparty: . I finally added the fall down thing you were talking about though. It works really well if you ask me. Now I'm going to try to program the Hi-Ougis. I understand the combo code so it shouldn't be a problem. Now I'm just trying to figure out how the timing system to do the second and third part will work.

Oh PS: I'm deciding that instead of needing Sol your over limit bar will be all you need.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey every one google gave me a veeery lucky find today!

Here are some new screen shots.

blotsescreenie2.jpg

I actually managed to to take all these without pausing. Great!

Also don't mind the name of that base enemy. I asked someone what I should name something that's a base for new enemies and a punching bag and he said Pillow. Also that orb with the tiny flame up behind it is what happens when something is defeated.

• 1 month later...