A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Introduce Yourself

Floofy

Yo. I'm going to try to actively post here again. I've been with SFGHQ since the ezbread days, which makes me feel equal parts pathetic and old. Awesome!

A lot have things have changed since then and I see a lot of new faces.

Edit: oh carp it's Ink!

Edited by Aerosol
  • Like 5

Hello

Luckycrime reporting in. I'm just an interested coder wanting to make fan games. I use  a collection of freeware engines to make my stuff. I do pixel art stuff too. Never really had any experience with game development. I don't say too much but I just don't pop up to update. I've been describe as too specific at time but eh it just me.

Nice to meet everyone.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Yo. I'm going to try to actively post here again. I've been with SFGHQ since the ezbread days, which makes me feel equal parts pathetic and old. Awesome!

A lot have things have changed since then and I see a lot of new faces.

Edit: oh carp it's Ink!

i like this 

• 2 weeks later...

Aright! I suppose I should've made this post when I joined back in January, whoops :Sweat:. Name's Assassin-HeatBeat, master thief and a level designer. I have worked on games known as Sonic Adventure Emerald and the Sonic Fan Dev Guild Engine if you've heard of the two. I am Co-Leader of the Sonic Fan Dev Guild, but as of this post I've gone onto my own road due to Skype errors. As of now I've worked on my own 'engine' for my own project, Sonic Thunder. I'm extremely random and an otaku of some sort. I'm a fan of DBZ, Natuto, Lucky Star, TMOHS, Soul Eater, Bleach, Needless, Sonic (no dipshit), Legend of Zelda, Sony, Nintendo, and other obvious tat. For an otaku I'm really basic...and broke....ANYWAYS! I suppose that should be it for this introduction thing....kthxbai.

Hi everyone. Name DarkVampireDee (or as some of my friends can call me DVD) I've been here for almost a year. I like working on sprites such as tiles some background, zone names, title card, sometimes badniks, ect. I'm glad to be here because it's such a wonderful place and I enjoy alot of work people put effort on. And I've been a Sonic fan since the early 90s.

Well nice to meet ya all...

As for my part: I' m MrLevRocks, or short: Lev, and... well... that's it!

I'm here for... all ya got to offer, and that's it.  No serieously I dont't have anything left to say.

If you care I work on a Sonic fan game since like 2 months and am generally a Sonic the hedgehog fan for ages. 

You can tell me, what you want to know...

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, I'm RubiksJr (If you want to know why, just ask.) and I am a Sonic and Legend of Zelda fan. (Mostly Sonic, since I'm new to Zelda and I've known about Sonic a lot longer.) I know how to program in a couple of languages and I am currently working on a fan game called Sonic Overdrive. I really like the classic games (The ones on the Genesis), but I like the modern games just as much.

So that's all you need to know about me. :ssmile:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, that was different than usual.

Let me start saying that we do have minors visiting this site most likely, and that kind of content isn't exactly very safe.

I'd like you to drop the predictions that you're going to be getting banned because we only do that when there's blatant rulebreaking, and we're pretty lenient on that. Most of us had previous experiences with DRAMATIC AS HELL Sonic (and others) boards, and we really don't want that to take over this place.

Now, if SSMB staff sent you such a ridiculously offensive message, then I've been giving that place too much credit. What a shitty place.

I've seen your art thread and frankly I think it's cool, especially that Thumbs Up Sonic. Art is not measured objectively like how you decide who wins a Scrabble game where the player with the highest points wins. It's subjective, and as such doesn't have a clear way to define. Therefore, first of all, STOP comparing yourself to other artists. That 14 year old might just be more dedicated to drawing. Hell, my little brother draws a lot better than me.

The world of artists (especially DevianTART) is a mishmash of several kinds of people. There are those who just draw for fun, the professionals that work on projects, and those who just like to feel superior to others by resorting to insults. Better to ignore them. I see you've been doing that by blocking all kinds of comments in your page already.

To improve on your art, I can only tell you to keep doing it. Whenever you're bored, doodle something. And just stop comparing your works to other people's. Keep drawing and uploading your art in your thread, we're always open to seeing some new stuff.

Lastly, welcome to SFGHQ/United. We're not your typical SANIC FANNNNNNNNNNS forum. In fact most of us already hate Sonic at this point.

• Like 2

On 6/11/2014 at 3:46 PM, gsoft said:

I've seen your art thread and frankly I think it's cool, especially that Thumbs Up Sonic. Art is not measured objectively like how you decide who wins a Scrabble game where the player with the highest points wins. It's subjective, and as such doesn't have a clear way to define. Therefore, first of all, STOP comparing yourself to other artists. That 14 year old might just be more dedicated to drawing. Hell, my little brother draws a lot better than me.

I've spent my whole life drawing.

Edited by Cunning Condor

• 2 weeks later...

Heya all, I'm WreckingPrograms, also known as WreckingGoomba, also known as djemiegoomba. I'm 15 years old and live in the Netherlands. I decided to join because, while I love Sonic, I never joined a Sonic board before, for some reason. So I thought, why not?

Like I stated above, and like everyone here does, I love Sonic, especially the good old Genesis games, of which Sonic 3 and Knuckles is my favourite. I also like Sonic Heroes and Sonic 4 Episode I (dont ask me why xD). I've always been a Mario fan, and I still am, but until recently I didn't really found Sonic too special to me, it was fun to play, but I preferred Mario. A few months ago, however, I tried out the Genesis games again (with Sonic Mega Collection), and found out I'd forgotten how fun fast-paced platforming can be. Since then, I've replayed a lot of Sonic games, and although I still like Mario, Sonic won it for me.

I like making games using Game Maker, and I've been using it for 3 and a half years now. Because I didn't like Sonic too much until recently, I've made Mario fangames only. I'm still working on one called Super Mario & The Elemental Orbs. However, I wanted to do something new, because I've always made Mario platformers and I just felt like doing something else as a side project (which later turned out to be a project I'm spending more time on than SMEO). That's why I decided to make an indie (independent) game. I didn't know what genre though, and I experimented with a few genres, like a Minecraft-like sandbox game (Build Infinity) and a platformer in which you could change the tilesets/backgrounds/enemies to have different environments (Environ). However, those didn't really fit my needs, because I didn't enjoy making them too much.

That was, until I played the Genesis games again. I enjoyed them so much, that I decided to make an indie game based on them: a high-speed platformer indie game. I know there are already some in progress like Freedom Planet and Spark the Electric Jester, but it's the same with other genres, so I thought it wouldn't matter. The progress is going pretty well for the 3 months I've been working on it now. I'm not gonna show it yet, however, I want to complete the first level along with a lot of objects that still need to be made, then I'll show it to you guys.

Some of you may know a forum called MFGG (Mario Fan Games Galaxy), I'm called WreckingGoomba there. It's the site I've been active on for like 2 years now, and as the name already suggests, it's a site about Mario fangames, but indie games are allowed, too. But the community there doesn't have a lot of experience with high-speed platforming, so I barely got useful feedback when I showed them an alpha of my indie. That's another reason why I joined this forum: I want feedback for my game, so I can make it as good as possible. I also have my own forum, http://wgfangaming.jaxboards.com/'>http://wgfangaming.jaxboards.com/, where you can contact me if you'd like, but of course, you can also contact me through this forum. I have no idea why anyone here would contact me though, but yeah, just in case.

Anyway, long story short: I'm a new member who like making games, especially high-speed platformers. I currently have one in development, but I'm not gonna showcase it yet. I joined this forum because of the obvious reason: I like Sonic, but I also joined to get some feedback on my indie game when it's showcased.

So I guessed that's all, sorry for the long post :P

Edited by WreckingPrograms
  • Like 2

Hey, I'm Riseodvi. That's pronounced Ree-Say-Odd-Vee in case you were wondering. I work on fangames and other minor computery things in my free time. I've taken a liking to the classic style gameplay, but I can have just as much fun blasting through levels with the boost button down. Oh, and I love the music of Sonic games, especially from Sonic CD.

Work dat sukka tuh deth, c'mon nah!

I've spent my whole life drawing, to the point where it was the only reason I had to get up in the morning. To the point where I've honestly nearly died for my art. To have the standards thrown at me really made my motivation take a dive. I haven't drawn or even doodled anything I feel satisfied with in months.

As a fellow artist who has also been mocked for their art in the past (though not nearly as badly as you have been), I would like to say that I hope you find me to be a dependable guy for both artistic advice and emotional support. I hope that your time at United will help bring you away from your suicidal tendencies and help us see a happier side of you; I'm sure you'll be a great asset to the forums once we remove all that pesky bullying. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I'm Orrore Scuro.

Before I talk about myself, let me tell you all how I found my way here. But that requires a story.

Once upon a time, there was a forum called MFS-Mystical Forest Sprites. It was supposed to be the temporary forums for the Mystical Forest Zone, a spriting resource that now lies dead; its last news post dates to December of 2012. The same can be sade of MFS. I was a member there, relatively active for a while. I made a few sprite comics and did some spriting work. But then I decided to drop off the map, well before it died. I don't know why; maybe it was because I was ashamed that I let my comic which had been relatively popular die, or maybe it was because I just start to drift away. Whatever the case, I left.

But one day I decided to return; that's why I'm here because today is that day. On my return, I found that it had died. And quite a while ago, too. I was upset, but considering what happened to MFZ, I was not surprised.

What I did find was a link to a forum called Hammer-Space Forums, headed by a couple members of MFS. That was dead too. However, this had a shoutbox, and in it were two links to two forums. Lo and behold, one that was started by another member was dead as well, and the other was here which seems rather active. So hi everybody, I'm a relic from a long-gone age of almost two years, and I like ponies, people who fly with tights, and things that explode. Usually not all of them at the same time.

I'd relate more, but quite frankly I'm of the opinion that if you wish to know more it'd be more prudent to just talk to me personally. Send me a private message; I'll happily talk.

Edited by Orrore Scuro

• 2 weeks later...

You seem cool, welcome to SU/SFGHQ. I hope you stick around. MFZ was a great website, it would be great if we could get more members from their forums to come over here. I'd even be willing to make a Sprite Comic subform and let people post their sprite comics to the United website.

Hi everyone! I'm goku or you can call me balla. I'm not like all the other kids ! I'm a huge sonic fan and i have unleashed :D i'm making my own fangames, Sonic Generations 2 Double trouble and Sonic The Hedgehog Remix.

I'm here to talk about Sonic and fangaming ( obviously ) i hope i'll have great moments on this forum :D !

• Like 1