A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Introduce Yourself

Floofy

Well I recently took a huge break from Sonic Redux (Sonic United now) due to some world wide trips (went to Norway and Sweden and I currently live in the States), so now that I am coming back I am seeing new members and new topics and discussions. 

I would hate to say this but would anyone mind filling me in on any recent news?  haha

Thanks for the help :)  

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, I'm Neon the Hedgehog! I'm really happy to be joining this blog site :D . I'm not a master of the Sonic games, (there are a few classic games I have yet to play) but I've listened to most of the sonic music out there. So I hope to bring that to the discussions here. I'm an animator who likes to read and write. Plus I can play the piano badly by ear (and yet I still try to play it anyway  :P ). 

I think this topic is a great way for newbies to introduce themselves and get to know the community. I'm excited to post here.

• Like 2

Hi there, I'm Neon the Hedgehog! I'm really happy to be joining this blog site :D . I'm not a master of the Sonic games, (there are a few classic games I have yet to play) but I've listened to most of the sonic music out there. So I hope to bring that to the discussions here. I'm an animator who likes to read and write. Plus I can play the piano badly by ear (and yet I still try to play it anyway  :P ). 

I think this topic is a great way for newbies to introduce themselves and get to know the community. I'm excited to post here.

Welcome! I thought you'd like it here! I hope you enjoy yourself and have a lot of fun!

G'day folks, Joe here. I found Sonic United by following a link on TZZS. From what I've seen it looks like a really nice site and I've added it to my RSS feed. What I'm really happy to see though is a community that seems friendly and positive. I recently stopped visiting one particular site becuase there was just SO much negativity there it was depresing to visit. So it's great to be a part of this community and I look forward to chatting with everyone. :D

My history with Sonic is life long. My first Sonic game was Sonic 2 on the Mega Drive and I instantly fell in love with the character. I played that at a mates place though, so as I had a Master System I bought all the Sonic titles I could for that. Eventualy I "graduated" to a Mega Drive myself and picked up the first two Sonic titles.

I missed out on the Saturn era, although there weren't many Sonic games then anyway. With the Dreamcast of course I had Sonic Adventure and loved it, I thought it was the most amazing thing ever. After the "death" of the Dreamcast I fell out of console gaming so Sonic kind of disappeared into the background, but I was always aware of the new games coming out. However, due to going exclusivley PC for gaming I missed all of the Sonic games released in those years.

A few years ago I decided to pick up a DS, about two years after it's initial release. The first game I bought was Sonic Rush Adventure and I fell in love with the character all over again. About the same time I got heavily into retro gaming and bought all the Mega Drive titles, as well as the Master System and Dreamcast ones (apart from Sonic Shuffle which I still need).

Sonic has now become one a franchise I activly collect, I've started amasing a rather nice collection if I do say so myself (I've a Flickr gallery if you'd like to take a look), and buy the Archie comic every month. It's pretty same to say I'm a Sonic diehard fan.

Other than Sonic, I'm a HUGE comics fan (they are my first geeky love), I'm also very big on Dr. Who, sci-fi, fantasy and video games in general.

Well, I've probably bored you all enough now, so I'll end this here. :lol:

Cheers.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello, I make games and stuffs. I used to make fan games but I've kinda moved on from that. I currently make original games that I intend to sell and make money off of etc so I suppose you could say I'm an indie game developer. 

I'm currently working on an ouya exclusive called The Estate and its going quite well. I'll be sure to post progress here.

Nice to meet you all!

• Like 2

101 reporting! I'm actually here out of request from DaHog, but I intend on sticking around as Stritix and I have been talking and I could end up as a mod, so respect me and hail to the king, baby. I enjoy drawing and animating, with a bit of music on the side. I'm what one could call a Jack-Of-All-Trades, as I'm working on my own fan game, too, though I'm on a bit of a hiatus right now. Anyway, I'll be seeing everyone around!