A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Phantasy Star Online Xbox. How do you play as sonic?

sonicdude3

Well, I saw people running around as sonic and tails in the lobby. I have always wanted to do this. I want to use sonic offline in my main quest. I have an action replay to transfer saves, and I am dieing to do this. Would anyone know how? Or even better, have a save game of sonic,tails and knuckles?

up up down down left right left right b a select start

isnt that the 50 lives code for the original contra game on the nes?

Below is a double post that has been automagically merged into the original.

Nope. I'm just going to buy it. I'm still annoyed that PSO games are pay to play though. It isn't as though it takes a ton of bandwidth to run a matchmaking server...

lol you still use the sega servers? Schtack for the win.

No actually, I don't. However, I'd like to see you using Schtack for PSU when it comes out.

Punk.

ahem. there have been talks of emulating the sega servers for it. that is once it's luanched anyway. And i want trying to be rude, im just surprised anyoen still plays on the sega servers.

How would people emulate the servers for it before it is even out? People weren't emulating the PSO servers untill about 4/5 years after its release.

re read my post. i clearly said "there have been talks of emulating the sega servers for it. that is once it's luanched anyway."

Guest Shadix
Then it means practically nothing though. Its just a pipe dream right now. Right now it is completely unknown whether or not people will even be able to emulate the server.

They worked out Blue Burst, ala it's still closed to the public but still. (They will inevitably crack it, plus they already have the entire Japanese closed beta to scavenge through. You can already test out character creation and everything.) SCHTHACK will NOT be making a server public even if they do figure out until SEGA stops hosting PSU servers, which could be years from now.

You guys need to just, not be cheap bastards and pay the low monthly fee (It isn't THAT much when compared to uber commercial mmos that offer 1/10th of the entertainment.)

No Shadix, there is no reason for PSO to be pay to play... they don't even really use any bandwidth and the release of new content is rarer than hell. New content and bandwidth costs have always been the main excuse for charging for MMO games.

i lol'ed at your attempt to compare Diablo 2 to PSO.

I laugh heartily at your failure to understand that the differences of maintenence costs are nil.

I lawl at monthly fees. I payed 50 dollars for your damned game, now stop taking my money. I don't pay a monthly fee for Zelda or Sonic or any of my other favorite games, and I'm sure as hell not paying a monthly fee for yours.

My friend Nathan has his dad pay the fees or whatever of WoW, but he only played for 2 months. Now my friend Eric plays on his account, and Nathan's dad still pays and doesn't ask questions.

Yes, I find that very screwed up, and yet thats the same story I've heard with many people who play WoW.

Question: how old are these people? My two buddies are both 18, so it's somewhat reasonable, but since I know a lot of older people play WoW, I wanna know how an older person might get their parents to pay a stupid monthly fee for something that isn't a neccessity of life (food, clothes, shelter, etc.) and, more importantly, if they can teach me to do the same :3