A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

SSNTails has recently updated Sonic Robo Blast 2.

W.A.C.

"Get over it. I post what I want, what you gonna do about it? Whine? Cuz that's definatly what you're doing now."

Umm.. if you think you can just go around posting whatever you want you can just leave right now. Hasn't seen anything in the last 3 pages that warrants a warning point. Just a verbal one.

Guest Shadix

My brother is a local there. Says the place is swarming with idiots who come up with nonsensible ideas.

In fact I think at one point he told me about you...

I also heard that they completely pwned redsonic in their IRC chatroom (the SRB2 SRB2 room, not the MC\SFGHQ\RO\ETC channel), and I was slightly envious of not being there to witness.

"Get over it. I post what I want, what you gonna do about it? Whine? Cuz that's definatly what you're doing now."

Umm.. if you think you can just go around posting whatever you want you can just leave right now. Hasn't seen anything in the last 3 pages that warrants a warning point. Just a verbal one.

What you just quoted.

Sonic-Blitz: Get rid of the avatar and signature, for the second time. Their irritating, and idiotic. Despite the fact their now blocked.

How could I know that people were complaining if I wasn't even online!? It wasn't breaking any rules anyway, can't believe you guys...

Also, yes a fan game does not need slopes or loops to be fun, Super Mario Bros. had neither (lol loops in a Mario game) and it is still one of, if not the most highly respected game of all time.

"How could I know that people were complaining if I wasn't even online!? It wasn't breaking any rules anyway, can't believe you guys..."

No, but such blatiently annoying flashing images doesnt give off any sort of good impression. Most people have reasonable signatures, and avatars, not ones set out to destroy ones retna's. >_>

(It basically breaks an unwritten rule, of being sensible)

Due to this thread, I've begun playing SRB2 again, and as such began, becoming lost inside levels also began. xD

No, but such blatiently annoying flashing images doesnt give off any sort of good impression. Most people have reasonable signatures, and avatars, not ones set out to destroy ones retna's. >_>

(It basically breaks an unwritten rule, of being sensible)

Fine, perhaps I overdid it...alot...Sorry to everyone who recieved seizures or other possible flashing Hello Kitty related injuries from my avatar and signature. Your compensation is in the mail.

Perhaps this update will run on my PC, I'll try it out anyway.

The only slope I saw wasn't really a slope, but really tiny steps. Even so, I enjoy the game without slopes and loops just fine. It would be nice to see some, but not having them doesn't suddenly make the game not a good Sonic game.

Why is it that I cannot reach Sonic's emblem in Green Flower Act 1? Also, OpenGL mode has room for improvement even if it's not supported.

For those who want to see what 'slope' I'm talking about:

srb20000.png

srb20001.png

( used a spoiler since the pics are rather large )

Guest Shadix

LarkSS: As much better as OGL mode has gotten in this last update, I see no reason to complain.

I'm getting a persistant 60 fps with extremely smooth anisotropic filtering. (The only noticable error I've noticed is that the sprite will skew on springs and other instances where the character moves up or down faster than the camera can handle.)

I know it has quite a few new things, but I still think it's potential hasn't been reached. A lot more dynamic lighting effects can be achieved and I'm sure there are certain effects that can be created especially for OpenGL. ( maybe like motion blur or something along those lines ) If I'm not mistaken, OpenGL can handle some pretty sexy particle systems as well.

And I get 40-50 fps maybe at 640x480 resolution thanks to my graphics card. Also, I thought the problem you mentioned was actually caused since sprites aren't rotated on the Y axis to look at the camera, just the X.

The only slope I saw wasn't really a slope, but really tiny steps. Even so, I enjoy the game without slopes and loops just fine. It would be nice to see some, but not having them doesn't suddenly make the game not a good Sonic game.

Why is it that I cannot reach Sonic's emblem in Green Flower Act 1? Also, OpenGL mode has room for improvement even if it's not supported.

For those who want to see what 'slope' I'm talking about:

[qimg]http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g270/LarkSS/SFGHQ%20Forum%20Pics/srb20000.png[/qimg]

[qimg]http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g270/LarkSS/SFGHQ%20Forum%20Pics/srb20001.png[/qimg]

( used a spoiler since the pics are rather large )

That slope has been there since the January update.