A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Pokemon thread

Lhancat

Now only if they can stop people from asking for a fucking Level 9 or Under Reshiram.

Actually I heard something about this a while ago. Most people that do this are trying to activate a certain method that requires you put a Pokemon in the GTS. They don't want people to mess up their method, so they put in an impossible request.

Hopefully they put in a feature that says, "This is an impossible trade. Please adjust your request." Of course, that might not happen.

It would be nice.

Actually I heard something about this a while ago. Most people that do this are trying to activate a certain method that requires you put a Pokemon in the GTS. They don't want people to mess up their method, so they put in an impossible request.

I can understand if its for making pokemon with trading required to evolve and such but for every single thing, it gets ridiculous.

Hold on, what method? Don't they have to trade over period for evolution? Having them sit there doesn't really do much.

Well a lot of shit has been leaking about this game. So I'll just state the obvious as part of my job and say, yes we can still discuss these leaks but you must keep them in spoilers. And no posting any leaked pics either as we don't want Nintendo on our asses. Its very ghey and humliating if that were to happen so let's not go there.

Anyways Mega Charizard X confirmed

Its going to be Fire/Dragon with the ability Tough Claws which powers up moves that make contact. And it will have more Attack as well.

• Like 1

I do wanna clear up something about Mega evolutions.

According to Bulbapedia Mega Evolutions require a specific Mega Stone to Mega Evolve and it depends on the species. However Mega Mewtwo and Mega Charizard forms aren't version exclusives, they have two different Mega Stones to Mega Evolve into. For Charizard it can either use Charizardite X or Charizardite Y, same goes for Mewtwo with Mewtwonite X and Mewtwonite Y. If my theory is right though, it will be easier to obtain one of the Mega Stones depending on the version if not get one sooner and the other later. Just making sure people knew.

I don't pre-order stuff either because maybe I wanted to change my mind on the game so I decide when to get it.
I am just grateful i'm getting X then Y. Especially for my friend because he is just begging for me to give him the X stone for 
HIS Charizard. He was getting Y since he got his Red X n Y DS3 XL so he wanted to get the same color as his DS =/

I've been watching it and its the closest thing we got to Pokemon Special.

Though the subs needs improvement. RANDOM SPANISH A GO GO!

My favorite part was when Red shows his three badges to the people at Mr. Fuji's and they respond with "Wow! Two badges!"

I just finished up the last two episodes, what a ride. I was cheering on during the fights, Pokemon hasn't made me do this since around the third movie. I'm so happy something like this could be made and so disheartened knowing that it's so short and probably a rare exception to the ruler. I just gotta say, Mewtwo was handled perfectly. I was especially worried how his cries would be but they were awesome. I wish I didn't know about Mega Charizard X going in though, haha.

Also very pleased that they really hammered in Mr. Fuji's involvement with Mewtwo. I personally think it's one of the coolest parts of the games' story but it's very easy to miss / not realize.

The absolute worst part of all of this is; I really really really want to play one of the original three games now. But if I do that I'll be burnt out on the Pokemon formula and I won't enjoy X/Y as much. This happens to me before every new Pokemon game comes out; I'll get an urge to play one of the older games and as a result I just get tired of it when the new one is actually out. I'm doing my best to hold off this time around but Origin is making that very, very difficult. :P

The absolute worst part of all of this is; I really really really want to play one of the original three games now. But if I do that I'll be burnt out on the Pokemon formula and I won't enjoy X/Y as much. This happens to me before every new Pokemon game comes out; I'll get an urge to play one of the older games and as a result I just get tired of it when the new one is actually out. I'm doing my best to hold off this time around but Origin is making that very, very difficult. :P

Come on dude. Only 6 days! Only less than one week away!

Come on dude. Only 6 days! Only less than one week away!

I know I know haha! Well, I fell victim to it anyways, in a sense. Over at Retro a user posted his FireRed ROM hack and I gave it a shot, and it's actually pretty good. I'm setting myself to a hard limit of about 5 hours for it though, haha. :P