A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Portal Gun

Andrew

This is actually rather old news, but I've only just heard about it and I did a search and nothing showed up so.

From AlwaysBeta:

[..] Valve has brought us another amazing gameplay epiphany: the Portal Gun. Featured in the upcoming game “Portal”, Valve’s Portal Gun, or Apature Science Handheld Portal Device, allows you to create rifts in spacetime on any surface. Just shoot an entry and an exit and you’ve got an instant warp hole! Simple idea, right? Exactly. But the results? Spectacular.

The YouTube video:

http://www.alwaysbeta.com/2006/07/20/valves-portal-and-the-golden-rule-of-design/

Yes, I've seen that on another forum. Also worth checking out, Narbacular Drop. It's the student project or something that this was based off of (or something). But I warn you, it's tiny and hardly as challanging or interesting as this thing looks, but if you don't understand how amazing what's going on in that video is check it out.

The potential is awe-inspiring.