A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Dreamcast Games- Name The Goodies

Aaron C-T

So yea.. I've got like 49 blank bucks. And I'm wanting to buy a few games. Before I run to the store and pick up the copies, I'd like to know if any of these games on this list are deemed.. bad, and if you know of any other good ones. So yea.. here goes:

Quake III Arena

Power Stone 1/2

Sonic Shuffle

Marvel vs Capcom 2

Border Down

Bomberman Online

Phantasy Star Online v2

Any good racing games would be nice as well. Being that I'm selling my Gamecube I'm going to need some games to play, and some multiplayer ones to bring to my Otaku club at school.

Ah.. how do you go about hooking up a DC to play online, then? I had AOL at the time. Now I've got Road Runner.. do I just plug it into my modem? That and how would I get onto a homemade server?

Also a serial came with PSOv2 (which I didn't have on the list for some reason). Does that mean there are still servers up for that as well?

And I'm considering Shenmue but it's like 4 discs alone or something.

Sonic Shuffle is good, but if you don't have friends it gets repetitive. Awesome mini-games though and the board parts are much better than the sluggish Mario Party, it's more tactical as well.

If you don't already have it get Jet Set Radio, you won't be dissapointed.

Also PSO V2 is basically V1 with different stages, its kinda crap actually, V1 is much better.

Skies of Arcadia - Pretty good, and some great character designs here and there, just dont expect an revolutionary plot on par with Metal Gear and you might get frustrated with how often the random battles are. Though considering all that, it still is my favourite RPG of all time.

Virtua Tennis 2 - A few mates, a few control pads and multiplayer bliss! also found the single player to be quite enjoyable too. But seriously, if your thinking about multiplayer, you need to get this one =P

18 Wheeler - Was a bit hesitant at this, but after a mate of mine gave me the demo, I just realized how bloody awesome driving a truck down a highway was while crashing all the cars in my way whilst trying to outwit my rival >_0

Jet Set Radio - Well I just like Jet Set more then Jet Grind, but if you haven't got this game, the style of the graphics, and soundtrack, and gameplay, just make it one of the best Dreamcast games avalible

ChuChu Rocket - The ultimate manic multiplayer game, nothing beats it on the Dreamcast in the caterogary of manic, nothing. Though you should have gotten it when SEGA had offered it free XD

Shemue - If your looking for a unique gaming experience look no further! although, after playing it, you'd only want more, and SEGA don't seem to be comply much to that =E

I'll say Sonic Shuffle is a major let down on single player, but so is all other board games, as a multiplayer game its perfectly fine though and some of the min-games are fun to play like where your a giant and have to stomp on people!

As for racers, I heard F355 Challenge was good, although I haven't played it, so I can't really recommend it. Metropolis Street Racer also got a few good mentions, but again, never played it...

After reading some of the PC-DC thing.. I don't think I can do it.

::Pissed because chances are he can't just plug the damned cord into his modem and play::

Aki: Yea, I've got SoA, haven't played it in a month or two though. Now that I'm getting rid of my GC, and the DC's fully taking over I probably will. I've got Jet Grind Radio as well. I love eet! I think I've played 18 Wheeler in an arcade once. xD

Guest Shadix

Time Stalkers I found a pretty nifty game, even though there are problems with the gameplay.

I'm personally a nut for Sonic Shuffle, even though all the critics and many fans hate it. There is just a certain amount of freedom in it that Mario Party doesn't have. (Most of the minigames are kinda lame though...)

I take it though that you are agains't the idea of burning DC games? The DC reads CDRs just fine, even commercial games.

::Cough::That'swhatI'mdoing::Cough::

^.^ Umm.. I've obtained about..5 games already. Just going back for another bunch now that there's more space in the drawer. I've got abou 49 blanks. But at the same time I don't want to just blow them.

I think if there's a PC version of PSO or Quake III I'll just download them. I'd still get Quake III though for Otaku meetings and for when people come over and I want to kill.

I actually own Sonic Shuffle though. It's just that I bought it used and it's so scratched that it stops once it gets to the SEGA screen. Which is.. the second screen. I don't even know what the menu looks like. xD

Skies of Arcadia - I suggest this. But this is because I'am a sucker for Airship based anything.

Sonic Shuffle - I do not suggest, unless you want a player Vs Players game. The CPU cheats. (This is a fact. not conjecture.)

Resident Evil Ports - Resident Evil 2, 3 and Code Veronica are all pretty good on the DC! if you have'nt played them yet, I suggest them for the DC.

Soilder of Fortune - This is a good first person shooter for the DC. the load times in between parts is a little long... but in the end, it's worth the wait.

I played marvel vs capcom 1, that game was pretty damn good, never played 2nd. Unreal tournament is pretty fun.

After reading some of the PC-DC thing.. I don't think I can do it.

::Pissed because chances are he can't just plug the damned cord into his modem and play::

Aki: Yea, I've got SoA, haven't played it in a month or two though. Now that I'm getting rid of my GC, and the DC's fully taking over I probably will. I've got Jet Grind Radio as well. I love eet! I think I've played 18 Wheeler in an arcade once. xD

I never got this to work.

Ahem, now I'd like to add a few more...and I'd add more later...as I remember...

Soul Calibur - If you want to pummel someones skull into the ground with a nun-chuck, a bo staff or a legendary sword, I recommend grabbing a copy of Soul Calibur. Although not as frantic as Power Stone, still a great game to add to the collection.

Crazy Taxi - Good clean arcade fun, I recommend this right now if you've got an urge to drop of some random guy at the burger stand while terrorizing him so much Bush would nuke you, also if you ever liked that old Sonic crazy taxi fangame (gosh I still remember that, good times)

Grandia II - Damn, forgot to add this earlier on, the second best RPG on the Dreamcast, but don't let that put you of, still a very fine game if you are into RPGs.

Daytona USA - Liked the original? this be the best version out there of the classic, I recommend you get this if you want racing games. Graphically updated and three new tracks to boot! awesome stuff =P

And seriously, 18 wheeler, you play as a bloody truck down the highway, the only think better then that right now, is dressing up as Kitty Pride Darth Vader at a sci-fi con! and believe me I've seen that, so 18 wheeler is number two at awesomeness right now .__.

Crazy Taxi 2-The best game in the series.

Jet Grind Radio-Awesomely stylish game with great game play.

Sonic Shuffle-Awesome with multiple people, reeeally frustrating by yourself.

Shenmue- One of the best games ever made, really need to play part 2 on the xbox.

IllBleed- Unique horror game.

Marvel Vs Capcom 2- Awesome fighting game with some excellent Capcom characters (Megaman, Jill Vallentine).

Shenmue- One of the best games ever made, really need to play part 2 on the xbox.

Shenmue was good for a few days but then I realised that the fighting in it is kept to an absolute minimum, only buy it if you like games with cut scenes after cut scenes after cut scenes and little actaul gameplay.