A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Emerald Guard - Progress #1

YakonguTB

Hey man, looking good, quite impressed. If ya need music or stuff later down the road, I may jump in.

Feedback though (mostly from a friend of mine)...

The jump looks way too weighted, the particles don't home in on Sonic too well.

The fighting engine is rad, love how you incorporated speed into fighting. The end of those pummel combos has too long of a time stop effect. Attacks should affect all enemies they make contact with. Kinda strange how it only affects just one that you started attacking. 

• Like 1

Props on the music selection. I think this is looking like a really cool concept, since I don't see a lot of Sonic games or even fangames attempting to implement a fighting system.

Like Faseeh said, the particles don't like to home in on Sonic too well (and honestly I think their SE kinda grates). Aside from that, I think there's a bit too much shaky-cam and... is that Emerl as a standard mook? Why?! ;A;

• Like 2

Thanks for criticism. ^^ I've saw that, i already fixed the particles on jump. I'll work on the pummel again, and also add more things to the game. I am sorry if there is something that you didn't like. i swear work harder next time. ^^ 

@Faseeh Sure! i'd love help with the musics ^^ thanks for Thank you for offering. ^^

• Like 1

This looks so amazing :D!

I have to say, it takes Sonic Mecha Madness to a lesser extreme. In other words, instead of being something overloaded with all these visual and gameplay aspects, your game has a lot more direction.

(I dunno if Streak is still heeerrre '~'...But that's my critique for his old project. Even if it was just something he messed around with, that's my opinion if it were an ongoing project.)

• Like 1

Something to keep in mind about the attacks, i'd severely cut back on the amount of time those "super" attacks take to finish. It looks like it'd get annoying after a while. Though If you can influence their duration with some kind of player input, i think it's fine.

• Like 1