A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Starting Project - Sonic Fan Game Development Kit

Uh, that post is kinda old already Taz.

Thread seems to be back to the main topic at hand, so let's leave it at that.

I agree that the interface shouldn't be too much of a bother in a demonstration. Function takes a priority.

Function over form. I'd rather have a more functionally complete demo than a pretty demo.

@gsoft, I may publish the resource editor and the engine not in an interface.

After all the basic features are ready, I will start to add widgets, effects and the interface.

Note: 1000 views to my topic!!

I like to work with half-finished things. Leave as many open spaces as possible. Do not restrict to anything. Minecraft proved, that if you give freedom then people will do amazing things.

What i think. If it has some kind of window where i can whatch what am i doing, than you have something to prove the functionallity.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello community, I'm back.

I am going to forget about Sonic 1: Stardust Gear Edition (Remember this crappy hack from SSRG?)

And totally put focus and emphasis on Sonic Fan Game Development Kit.

I will try to develop SFGDK fast and fast in order to make a small tech demo of this awesome program.

I will also release a test sonic engine made with OpenGL.

The final release will contain Sonic 1 Restoration with some Megamix-style objects.

Sonic Slope Maker fans, I may continue developing this program a bit.