A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Speed Fighters 2

not with the sprites with the things I mentioned.

Like The character select designs the hud designs n stuff

who would i ask for this?

and also, alot of things are the way they are because that's exactly how i want them to look.

the only thing i don't like right now is the fonts.

If you're going with the "What I think is how it should be", then you might as well never ask for feedback at all. That's really not a nice attitude to put up when we're trying to help.

Anyways, yeah the art really needs work. We want the best for this fangame and every fangame, we're trying to help :)

Ok; so I made these just to sorta prove a point, about having a style and consistency
Nothing in here was drawn.

Loser_zps13fe43e7.png

Also I suggest you also organize your roster.
Keep fan characters (Black box) in there own section and organize the official dudes too in a way that players can find characters easier. 

Also, I added a mode option in the "Screen" if your into that. You know like turbo and turbo2  from MvC2 (xbla)

Loser2_zps18cf5e2c.png

I did get lazy making these; but these are just visual feed back suggestions nothing more. Make what you want to make.

Edited by Pulse0
  • Like 4

Ok; so I made these just to sorta prove a point, about having a style and consistency

Loser_zps13fe43e7.png

Keep fan characters (Black box) in there own section and organize the official dudes too in a way that players can find characters easier. 

Also, I added a mode option in the "Screen" if your into that. You know like turbo and turbo2  from MvC2 (xbla)

Loser2_zps18cf5e2c.png

I did get lazy making these; but these are just visual feed back suggestions nothing more. Make what you want to make.

I had brought up how un appealing the game looks due to the amount of clashing going on with the visuals and the need for unity in them at some point and this just adds to that. Fantastic example for the HUD and character select. It looks like the game had actual art direction as opposed to the modded jumble of stitched together information that is the current game. 

We are actually trying to help you make a better game, the least you could do is consider doing something with the advice we give rather than just doing your way or the highway. Or not, but this example is some damn good advice and would be a shame to not do any thing with it.

• Like 1

Loser_zps13fe43e7.png

Loser2_zps18cf5e2c.png

My word! You are indeed talented sir!

This is more what I'd like to see. It looks nicely put together and not just "Normal Mugen" no offense but right now (GUI and HUD wise that is) it looks.. boring? The gameplay, choice of characters, and moves look superb so far but it's like generic mugen game because there isn't any consistency and appeal in the HUD and Interface as of now.

Sorry if I'm harping on the subject and/or shouldn't have posted more bad but I wanted to give my opinion on it and stuff.

Loser_zps13fe43e7.png

Loser2_zps18cf5e2c.png

listen dude, if you know about making stuff for mugen

making lifebars and some stuff up there is not easy.

i mean i think it looks cool and all but really, another example

turbo mode: you cannot edit the options in mugen

second

i noticed you made 2 different icons for the lifebars and the select screen

UY09VCQ.png

bMqPKg8.png

trying to do that in mugen is really REALLY a big hassle.

but anywho...

did you have any ideas on the title screen? or.....?

These graphics look strangely familiar. Did you get them with approval of their original creator?

everything familiar you see is officially art, not custom as for the rest I constricted it by self using the Pen tool in CS4 or free text fonts I got years ago or the bending tools in photoshop

listen dude, if you know about making stuff for mugen

making lifebars and some stuff up there is not easy.

i mean i think it looks cool and all but really, another example

turbo mode: you cannot edit the options in mugen

second

i noticed you made 2 different icons for the lifebars and the select screen

UY09VCQ.png

bMqPKg8.png

trying to do that in mugen is really REALLY a big hassle.

but anywho...

did you have any ideas on the title screen? or.....?

shooting me a pm and we could. Discuss this further

Hmmm I forgot about the limitations of modding, so I'll cut you some slack but not a lot. Limitation is when you as a developer get to shine, making the best out of what little you have to work with, so there is still a lot you could do to improve what you have graphically. The easiest fix is to find an art style you like and convert all of the art assets to that style. That way you're working within your current framework and you're just replacing the assets you've all ready put in. Making the UI and Menus look nice is going to require some clever thinking on your end, but it can be done.

EDIT: I also realize that SAGE is getting close so I don't know if you'll have enough time to convert ALL of your assets in time, so I would advise you prioritize assets that obviously clash or look bad and polish other things like character select organization ( I know there has to be a way for you to change their order. Their has to be.), the character select full body portraits not fitting and thus getting cutoff, gameplay, etc. But I dont know how much you can do in what little time is available so.. its kinda up to what you do with that time I guess. I understand if you just can't due to time though so no worries on that, always next SAGE eh?

Edited by Highwire4
  • Like 1

if i wanted ssf2 to be in sage wouldn't for instance all the characters have to be done....?

Hey I work on that game _ Sprites, Interface/UI, Stages, Effects.

------------

and no remove some characters. its a demo. Quality is Always better than Quantity. Have like 3 official characters, and 1 fan character - and 2 stages , polish the UI and characters, and post the demo for sage.

if i wanted ssf2 to be in sage wouldn't for instance all the characters have to be done....?

I was just trying to be fair and considerate to ya man. No need for the tone.

So if you aren't planning to have a demo ready by SAGE this year when are you thinking of having one ready? Do you have a deadline yet or is that still undetermined?

there are 10 hedgehogs

and this game was made to put 2 specific characters in a fighting game

and reason why there aren't many official characters(the official characters outnumber fancharacters to be honest) is because i liked their concept and wanted them

also if i put only official characters, besides sonic and shadow  they have ABSOLUTELY NONE of the sprites required that i need

Edited by Neo_Fire_Sonic

What about anyone from sonic battle. There are a bajillion moves for every character in that game, so why not a character from that? Rouge the Bat maybe? Or maybe even Gamma or Chaos 0? You've got a lot more choices than you think man, you just have to look.

when i say they are missing stuff i mean

standing

lightpunch

mediumpunch

heavypunch

lightkick

mediumkick

heavykick

crouching

lightpunch

mediumpunch

heavypunch

lightkick

mediumkick

heavykick

and air

lightpunch

mediumpunch

heavypunch

lightkick

mediumkick

heavykick

if you can find sprites of those for all of those characters then i'll consider

I don't even think you have all that for the current characters, sonic for example

if your trying to say that my sonic does not have

standing

lightpunch

mediumpunch

heavypunch

lightkick

mediumkick

heavykick

crouching

lightpunch

mediumpunch

heavypunch

lightkick

mediumkick

heavykick

and air

lightpunch

mediumpunch

heavypunch

lightkick

mediumkick

heavykick

then sir you are mistaken.

as for the other "current characters" alot of them are not missing those, or i can easily sprite it.