A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Speed Fighters 2

if your trying to say that my sonic does not have

standing

lightpunch

mediumpunch

heavypunch

lightkick

mediumkick

heavykick

crouching

lightpunch

mediumpunch

heavypunch

lightkick

mediumkick

heavykick

and air

lightpunch

mediumpunch

heavypunch

lightkick

mediumkick

heavykick

then sir you are mistaken.

as for the other "current characters" alot of them are not missing those, or i can easily sprite it.

Thats exactly what im saying there are no sprites that possess all those moves unless they are custom edited for the purpose. The closest you can get is Sonic Battle that's why Im saying sonic doesn't have it cause he not (outside of premade mugen downloadbles & edits ) - ya know id rather not go any further with this.

However I look forward to seeing a demo verson.

Yea I know the deal. I used to be a mugen guy for a while. I even though he has the movers inserted I remember much of sonic mugen characters had the same frames for different attacks high punch = low punch etc. , I don't know what th mugen scene is like now

• 2 weeks later...

.......? what

what do you mean

DJGameFreakTheIguana is making a game called Sonic Revolution, and he says others are open to help him get sprites for more characters to be playable. I would like to use these Blaze sprites for the game.

DJGameFreakTheIguana is making a game called Sonic Revolution, and he says others are open to help him get sprites for more characters to be playable. I would like to use these Blaze sprites for the game.

well um thing is i used multiple sources from the internet for the sprites, i didn't make these myself

(except her intro's i made those sprites)

• 5 weeks later...

I don't know how many people got to try Sonic Speed Fighters 2, but some people haven't... so

heres what I had at SAGExpo

http://www.mediafire.com/download/sq15bg564vdv84z/Ssf2+Demo+Version2.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ol9zo2v8pding1i/ssf2demomovelists.zip

also apparently i screwed up so heres one thing you also have to download(required)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3s9724vq6o9dyak/Missing+stage+file.zip

(put this file in the "stages" folder)

I've played this one quite a bit actually. And... something always felt off. I think it's just how you've set up combo's. I just don't think that works in a Sonic type battle game and especially not with a keyboard (well at least to me) with how much I use the electric upper cut (can't recall the name atm) in Tekken Tag 2, I was able to get accustom to it but it really feels weird and awkward to do in such a speedy fighter. And doing combos like the cpu is almost impossible in that regard seeing as the controls you setup to do the "special" or more powerful moves are weird to execute during combat as those inputs were designed for, slower paced fighters. 

I also noticed that everyone is super OP in one way or another which, IS NOT, a way to balance the game. The stun on some characters moves are ridiculous especially with how much health they take. Like emerl randomly crouching and suddenly he... mind crunches you? It's like half the characters have these type of moves which are just plain, what? I mean some of them make sense, look cool, and seem fun to execute (I can't do them) but when getting hit by one or guarding it and still having your health drained by almost half is wow. Now I said they "look cool" but that's if they even have any graphic to begin with. Sometimes the screen just fades black they go into a random pose and.. mind crunch you... to death.. 88% of the time. Unless you were guarding in which case you loose like half the health. 

Now while there are some OP moves, in comparison there are some moves that aren't even worth touching. They look like they're gonna do a whole bunch a damage and... the opposing character is still barely phased. Like Sonic's time stop which only freezes the character for one hit and takes 1/3 of your special meter. I had a couple others I was thinking about but can't name them off the top of my head. 

I actually like this and think it has something going for it but I hope you could try and polish it up some and at least try to address some of my issues.

I sort of agree with Light. While I have no problem with the MvC / Guilty Gear style of attack series canceling, it's basically impossible to do effectively on a keyboard at this speed, especially with directional specials included. If your game has gamepad support, i'll play it again later today for some feedback.

I just don't think that works in a Sonic type battle game and especially not with a keyboard (well at least to me) with how much I use the electric upper cut (can't recall the name atm) in Tekken Tag 2, I was able to get accustom to it but it really feels weird and awkward to do in such a speedy fighter.

The mishima electrics (electric wind god fist) in TTT2 are frame perfect, but Tekken's combo system is extremely lenient when it comes to buffering inputs for doing combos. In a game like Guilty Gear or Blazblue though, quick inputs like this with directional specials are quite commonplace. 

Edited by Serephim
  • Like 1

most stun issues on characters i have already fixed,  also the reason you think you can't do the combos the way the cpu's do it, is because you might have set custom controls.

what I already had set is possibly the best controls

because with everyone, its easy to do a simple combo like this

x,y,a,b, D+z

After you do the D+z, you hold up to do the super jump and then you can continue into an air combo

also are you talking about emerl(gizoid) doing this?

v3PnpXQ.png

and if you mean that attack, if you guard it you don't take much damage

also about sonic's(and shadow's) time stop, the reason it only stops them for one hit is the way its coded, but i can change that but it will be... ehh .......

also it being a hyper, it has to take 1 bar of your power but as for sonic, unlike everyone else he can hold 5 bars

If your game has gamepad support, i'll play it again later today for some feedback.

as i recall, if it works the same way as an xbox360 controller you can just plug it in and start playing

Edited by Neo_Fire_Sonic

Alright I've played it a bit.

1 - First and foremost, 6 inputs is faaaaaaar too many for this game. It looks like you have a button for each limb and a hard attack for each, which is way too many for a game this fast and with this few moves. You'd lose nothing by decreasing the buttons to 3 or 4 and just have moves of similar strength autolink into eachother.  You can keep it how it is, but it makes the combat far more confusing than it needs to be. This is most obvious with a character like -2-, where nearly all his moves look the same, but each button does something different.

2 -  fighting game + no movelist = no-no. There's nothing fun about pressing random inputs to find moves, especially in a game that uses special inputs with six attack buttons. At least include a notepad with the inputs.

3 - Why does the difficulty default to SNKBoss

The moves are certainly fun and intriguing, but the complexity of it all really kind of stops me from putting too much into it. It's a fighting fangame so i really can't complain about any of the graphics or attacks, but again i really recommend tightening up how it controls.

Edited by Serephim
  • Like 1

It's not on the first page of this topic, it's not in the ZIP that includes the game, i'm not about to google it, so I missed it. 

The point is you should be throwing it at me. I shouldn't have to go looking for the movelist in a fighting game. 

• Like 1

It's not on the first page of this topic, it's not in the ZIP that includes the game, i'm not about to google it, so I missed it. 

The point is you should be throwing it at me. I shouldn't have to go looking for the movelist in a fighting game. 

the thing is i put it in the same spot where the download for the game is, which doesn't make sense how you missed it

and btw if you still cant find it it has been added to the OP

i screwed up, thats why there are multiple links, on the same place.

its not easy uploading alot of stuff

especially from my computer.

In the future, bundle it with the actual game, preferably in the same folder as the exe.

its bad for any game, but a fighter with no accessible movelist is suicide. Just look at Skullgirls. 

In the future, bundle it with the actual game, preferably in the same folder as the exe.

its bad for any game, but a fighter with no accessible movelist is suicide. Just look at Skullgirls. 

i actually did, but no one reads stuff

also skullgirls costs money

No, i read nothing you put in your booth. I read nothing anyone put in their booth, because I don't care. I clicked first link that lead to the actual game, after which i promptly closed your tab to do the same to another sage booth i also had no intention of reading.

So if the movelist is where it needed to be, we wouldn't be having this conversation, because i'd have it already.