A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Speed Fighters 2

The bigger displays at the 0:17 section of the video (the Character Select Screen) could use some improvements. 

A more stylistic approach showing the whole character and a screen without the Sonic at the back could make the game have a nice presentation and one that doesn't look eh. 

Hope you get what I mean c:

I STRONGLY suggest you make some improvements/ resigns of your Character Select and Hud.  And Please Unify your Character select. Its jarring to see some Sprites, Some pixel art, Some Official Art.

Try taking some visual Inspiration from "Sonic the Fighters" or "Sonic Battle" and Unify it. 

Edited by Pulse0

I STRONGLY suggest you make some improvements/ resigns of your Character Select and Hud.  And Please Unify your Character select. Its jarring to see some Sprites, Some pixel art, Some Official Art.

Try taking some visual Inspiration from "Sonic the Fighters" or "Sonic Battle" and Unify it. 

i'm sorry but i seriously do not understand what you mean

In the character select it looks like you took random images from different sources for the character profiles. 
Some look drawn in Photoshop
ex:Neo Fire Sonic

Some look like sprites
ex:Vicious the Dark
Some look like Pixel art
ex:Sonic True Blue
Some are Official Sonic Art.

By unify I'm saying make all art look like it came from the same game. The same source. 
When you look at sonic Battle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrUEb9moLIY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8DYPyqnhVA
all of the Assets look like they belong to the same game, made for that game.
Your game currently looks mismatched with assets that look taken from several different sources
(like most common Mugen games)
You got a VS screen "Vs" thats been taken from Marvel Vs Capcom. Plain text, and Odd blue wave.

Make the look of the game your own,  Have your own VS screen, with your Own text or text that works well with what your doing. Design your screens so that this game look unique and Unified (coming from the same source)

--------------------------------------

As for the Hud, I think it looks rather boring, non-sonic like, stock made Brain storm some more. I play a lot of fighting games. Like Guilty Gear Xrd for the arcade and the Huds bring out the style of the game.
Add flair to your game ya know? 

Edited by Pulse0

well. i do with what i have, and what i can do or use

for the portraits, the only reason why i haven't touched vicious's is because thats the only other art of him

and he's too hard to draw for me honestly.

besides, theres also some things i'm not good with, so i have to keep them that way