A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hasn't it been long since I've updated this topic? It's not like I've been watching NicoB's Persona 4 Golden playthrough instead of working all day. Oh also, with the news of SAGE Act 2, time to tell what you shall expect as of it. Ocean Bay, two other levels for Tails & Knuckles, and something special. I've started on them, but not enough that I'd show it like I'm that pro. So....moar Sonic stuff screenshot120_by_assassin_heatbeat-d7mz9

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I played this and I think it was good, but I think it has much more potential. It feels a bit too much like another engine showcase, it didn't have much to set it apart. The 2nd level was kind of interesting (though very brief) and the first level was okay, but very bland. I would recommend that you put more gimmicks in. Like, couldn't you use those tornadoes from the boss act in the level? Flying from tornado to tornado would be way more interesting than waiting for a slow-moving platform. Overall, I really do like what you have so far, but you need a bit more "zing" to it.

I played this and I think it was good, but I think it has much more potential. It feels a bit too much like another engine showcase, it didn't have much to set it apart. The 2nd level was kind of interesting (though very brief) and the first level was okay, but very bland. I would recommend that you put more gimmicks in. Like, couldn't you use those tornadoes from the boss act in the level? Flying from tornado to tornado would be way more interesting than waiting for a slow-moving platform. Overall, I really do like what you have so far, but you need a bit more "zing" to it.

How 'bout dis, you jump into a small tornado and by pressing jump will increase your jump or something like that. Zing. I'll think what I can for dat zing.

Yep, you got da zing, son.

Hey, thanks for not just brushing off my advice, and I'm excited to see what you'll have for SAGE.

http://thumbs.newschoolers.com/index.php?src=http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lydygcLKkC1r57t8v.gif&size=400x1000

If I can even make it to SAGE. A certain friend is around and I sorta've need him for SAGE....Black Ace where are you?

BAM!

screenshot102_by_assassin_heatbeat-d7po9

MAIN MENU AS OF NOW! Would be better if the background was animated or if I could change the background when over some options but that's beary confusin-WHAT HAS THIS AVATAR DONE TO ME? This was also worked on by Black Ace...when I say that, I mean he did all of it cause screw the main menu I had in mind.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Okay first off, new screenshot, yay.

screenshot119_by_assassin_heatbeat-d7toa

Second, m I'm trying to change up the paralax and with this change, the background and the actual water color won't exactly match (which will bother the heck of me) so I'm questioning weather you all would still like sunset or will allow me to change it to the first one on this http://www.deviantart.com/art/Background-Compilation-Ocean-441813967 ...

• Like 2

Mockups are a thing :3

yopo_by_assassin_heatbeat-d7uktv6.png

Moving on from that Unleashed based thing, I'm still working on that Paralax thing (I posted something in Fan Game assistance cause I have no idea what's going on in engine and most of those I still have contact with don't have any idea either.) But as of now, putting out ideas and also...if you all approve of this mockup and I make it into Thunder, would you like

Ranking systems like the modern games and the character appearing even  when they've walked off screen or Rush style like before.

Edited by Assassin-HeatBeat
  • Like 2

I was disappointed your game wasn't at SAGE Heat. Why u do dis XD

Probably cause I was moving and unpacking, and shopping, the usual crap you don't expect me to do, wait what? >.>

Anyways, the game is getting a sprite overhaul, by which I mean inside the game, I'm rearranging and adding sprites for most stuff, like the character and levels. This also means I'm going to take alot of my time just working on just characters and remodeling the levels cause of sprite changes, but it'll all be worth it :3 Also turns out you can port Game Maker: Studio games to PS3, PSV and PS4.....not that it means anything in this case....

screenshot144_by_assassin_heatbeat-d7vph

I did it :D I finally did it! Still have no idea what caused my problems of having thisthat_bg_is_huge__by_assassin_heatbeat-d7

BUT WHO CARES! I FIXED IT! NAO IT'S PRETTY :3

Also a couple things were added or changed like

New Animations (Waiting, Look up, better Superpeel out, Air dash animation, Breath animation)
3D Water Parallax
Super Sound
60fps
Better homing attack code
Balloons
Rails
Monitors that change their sprite depending on if they're touching the ground or not.
Homing on monitors
Wall jump

Now I'm off, to finish this level! (I lied)

• 3 weeks later...

YO! I'm still here, and just remembered that there's an edit functions :P Anyways, I have worked on the game a buttload, excluding level development, like view size and controls and main menu and such....Oh yeha, screenshots :P

REDONE HUD AND 480 X 270 RESOLUTION

hud_revamped_by_assassin_heatbeat-d7wolj

NEW OFFICIAL MAIN MENU :D (Don't mind the trees, please?)

offical_main_menu_by_assassin_heatbeat-d

EDIT - S & D have switched controls as well. Now to go make the VELVET ROOM!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hi heat!! sonic-rhaian, from DA. Your game is going awesome in my opinion. Good Work!

Why thank yo-WHOOP SMASH GOTTA GO! So, it's been a while...err recently my main laptop's charger broke and I guess that would be a reason for why for a lack of progress...but it's not. I have a crappy notebook, netbook, whatever with Game Maker and I was able to save a backup on DeviantArt's Sta.sh, yay. So lately I've been working on Thunder....by moving it to a new engine. At this point of time, Sonic has been partially added along with most of the added code from Thunder and so far this is going far better. Note that after this next demo, the test zones won't be present at all, in game or coding. Whoop. screenshot116_by_assassin_heatbeat-d859i Edited by Assassin-HeatBeat