A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Project Unity - Join The Team!

I am looking for staff to create a new 2D title sequeling the original main Genesis titles, from Sonic 1 to Sonic And Knuckles. Several tracks from the game have been complete, but core staff is still needed, from engine and coding developers to pixel designers for the characters and stages!

You can follow the links at the bottom of the post to listen to the world of Project Unity and read a general description for a few and decide if you feel inspired to put your best foot forward for the Unity title!

***-----------------------------U-----------------------------------***

The Story Of The Fourth...

Every 100 years, South Island, in its eternal drift across the ocean, reaches West Side Island. At this time, Angel Island floats in a prime position high above the sky between the two islands, creating a perfect triangle. When this occurs, Angel Island summons a mysterious fourth island, sealed within a strange dimensional barrier, to rise from the sea and expose itself to Sonic's world using a mysterious emerald colored beam.

What connection does this mysterious fourth island have to the others...? Sonic will soon find out... But he isn't the only one who has happened upon this strange spectacle. And another force is moving in fast to discover what riches this new landmass may have to offer...

***-----------------------------N-----------------------------------***

New 2D Zones!

This game will feature seven zones on the games main island, the mysterious fourth, with three acts each. Two normal stages and one boss stage. Traveling between the zones will be fairly seamless, as each boss defeated will lead you into a tiny clip of heading into the next environment.

***------------------------------I----------------------------------***

Hub Map!

This will feature the new island, and will also show South, West Side, and Angel. You will be able to visit the other islands via the tornado after collecting specific amounts of a designated item hidden throughout stages in the game.

***-----------------------------T----------------------------------***

Other Islands...?

That's right! Live old stages anew. Its been 20 years since Sonic visited these locations, and fans will get to see first hand how the years have altered these old stages into new adventures waiting to enjoy! Each island will feature three familiar stages made entirely new waiting to be unlocked after collecting enough of a designated item!

***------------------------------Y--------------------------------***

Pals Pitch In!

Sonic may be the star, but even the best of heroes need help from time to time! In select locations within stages, Sonic will reach environments he cannot traverse himself, so one of his many friends will be waiting in the foreground of stages to jump in and help him out once you reach them!

***-------------------------------!-------------------------------***

Eggmans Decision - Cutscene Theme

When Sonic is defeated at the hands of another enemy, the Master Emerald appears at the command of the islands to save him! But this new enemy isn't just going to stand and let it revive Sonic... Will the doctor let Sonic die and take over the world the easy way? Or will his pride take over and cause him to help the blue blur escape the brink of death alongside his friends so he himself can savor the thorough victory of defeating him with his own hands one day...?

THIS... Is the moment of Eggmans decision!!!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=764521296910535&set=vb.716957105000288&type=3&theater

Boss Theme

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=760373153992016&set=vb.716957105000288&type=3&theater

Tidal Junction Zone Theme

After landing on the mysterious new island, our hero and his best bud find themselves before an all new jungle ripe for exploring! Naturally the temptation to tread dust along the beautiful beach will be too great for them to resist as well...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=762424053786926&set=vb.716957105000288&type=3&theater

20 Years Later - Present Scrap Brain Zone Theme - Unlockable Stage

Its been a long time since Sonic had his very first final showdown with the doctor here... And boy how the place has changed! Blue skies? Greenery? Animals?! But some of the past remains alive... Time to do a little spring cleaning in the rusty and crumbling remains of this once legendary location!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=770690749626923&set=vb.716957105000288&type=3&theater

Edited by Chris-Knopps-CK

'ey, looks like a cool project.  I'm a bit busy with my own project so I won't be able to join a team, but I'm pretty experienced with Unity.  If you're stuck on anything, send me a message.  ^.^

Haha. no no, Unity is the name of the project not the software being used. But thank you for your comment nonetheless.

Haha. no no, Unity is the name of the project not the software being used. But thank you for your comment nonetheless.

Oh, haha!  Unity just came out with 2D development tools, so that's what I figured you were using.  xD

Still though, good luck on your project!

• 2 weeks later...

I was about to say I programmed and modeled and such on Unity for a couple of years so I have experience in it plus I made my Sonic Demo game through it, fun program. However, I am not as welly skilled when it comes to 2D game development. I can do sound engineering and such but yea not much else to be honest.