A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

2885so5.png

Looks pretty good so far!...though those bewbs are WAAAAAY too big. Like seriously.

I decided to give it another whack and I came up with these.

aYrcZPs.png

I like the one on the left (I think I could improve the shading a bit) but I think the one on the right fits the original tile more.

I kinda like the one on the left better, it adds a lot to the tiles.

Welp I've been messing around with the HUD while I get the game levels built and this is something I've kinda settled on.

bandicam_2014_04_26_22_01_44_756.png

I've made the hearts bigger and gave them shading to make them stand out and I've changed the way the weapon selection is shown. Every time you get a new gun a new icon will appear up top. If it requires ammo it'll have a percentage next to it (which isn't shown in this screen shot) that displays how much each weapon has. The symbol for the weapon will light up and shine when selected, like how the green one is now.

I've also taken out the pick  up/carry icon out of the mix and instead assigned it to a seperate button entirely for the sake of simplicity.

Does this look better compared to last time?

Also just as a side note, Lost Adventure is finally up on IndieDB and GameJolt so if you missed out on it you can get it there.

• Like 2

2885so5.png

2csc2a9.png

s1ri8x.png

Silver Gear: a new game non-sonic based, its more like a mixture of Shantae, Metroid, LoZ and Cave Story with a little of Megaman, its not based in Robots the only robot is that silver skinned girl called MAI (Multipropose Artificial Inteligence) and there are monsters like demon girls, werewolfs, and animal-based humanoids its my very first own creation, this screens doesnt represents how the game will look and play at the end

And more recreations pics here this time a pic showing some badnicks

2lxhu2w.jpg

note that they could change if i see they dont fit for the level or something like that so they arent the final ones, and also im working on a classic tilesets for a Sonic Realm of Chaos level in classic mode

Very cool. She reminds of the character from Ghost in the Shell a little. Her breasts definetly emphasize the look of her being either topless or nude. It's not necessarily a problem, but likely the first thing someone would notice about the character and sprite.

Very cool. She reminds of the character from Ghost in the Shell a little. Her breasts definetly emphasize the look of her being either topless or nude. It's not necessarily a problem, but likely the first thing someone would notice about the character and sprite.

yeah i know that XDDD and i didnt knew she looked like Makoto, that's a good thing XDD i wanted to do a more doll like robot and as we know robots dont wear clothes XDDD and i want to do something more radical than the same thing we always see because i think clothed robots arent robots

sOnsdHC.png

M̠͔̙̘̥̻͖͟o͚̬͓r͓̬̪̖̻͈ḙ̲̮̦̦͞ p̗̯͔͍̖̕r̪o͚͉͉gr͔̖e҉s̮̭s̳͇̜̦͠.̥̦͍͎̮̮

Those colors are pretty flat and don't create a lot of depth in the scene. Your background tiles should be a different color than your foreground tiles so that players can tell the difference between the two. They should also be a different color than the character so they don't blend in with the background. 

What is the character even supposed to be like what a puff ball? With a santa hat?

ZzCkEtp.png

@Highwire4 Is this better? Also, yes, that's exactly what he's supposed to be.

yup. I still think you should change the color of the tiles to something with a bit more character than MS Paint cyan. Maybe slightly purple-blue for the tiles and have a slightly red-purple sky? I dunno, its just too generic of a color in my eyes but thats up to you.

@Highwire4  I've limited myself to a pretty small (and somewhat generic) color palette, so I can't really have all these colors you're describing. I guess I could do this sort of thing, but it still looks weird considering the game's graphics are all enlarged in-game.

df0dNXB.png SlMUb66.png

bandicam_2014_05_07_16_13_58_012.png

So scripted events are now a thing. Most of the first introductory sequence works the way its supposed to. It just needs proper dialog and it'll be done.

The neat thing about it is that it only progresses when you want and doesn't take control away from you while an event is happening.

Also behold Beta's new hazmat suit. There will be moments where she has it off but she'll be wearing it for most of the game.

Geez this game has changed so much I should really just make a whole new thread for it or something shouldn't I....yeeeah probably.

• Like 4