A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

That sprite is pretty cool, DaHog.

Oh and the HUD look a bit weird, like it has been resized manualy and it's getting some ugly distortion, especially in the white outline.

Not much to talk about other than that, but pretty cool.

Hey guys, I have more shots of another level and the render concept of the one I posted above(some posts before). Also, I would like to know if I can make a topic of my own game with this content. I think is better idea.

The first is a render from the first level, just an idea. And the others are the draft from a cave level.

GreenCliffsRender1_zps502f7794.jpg

DeathRelicCDraft_zps77e5acdd.jpg

DeathRelicADraft_zpsaccad143.jpg

http://s1155.photobucket.com/user/raionhardt/media/DeathRelicBDraft_zps5c3c9909.jpg.html?sort=3&o=20

GrassesC_zps097075ef.png

• Like 4

@Potato: Wow thats pretty nice! I like how consistant the shaping is on the rotations.

So I've just made a pretty big advancement in development on my indie game. After literally hours of toiling, frustration, and tears, I finally got the game to work on my ouya console. I am so damn excited about this you have no idea.

Some pics that show it is on the ouya and not just me streaming my comp into the tele:

2014_04_02_22_39_18.jpg

2014_04_02_22_38_58.jpg

The random numbers keep track of analog stick and button inputs and they're extremely buggy(some buttons straight up aren't recognized or it thinks one button is actually two. Its weird) and thats cause I don't know how buttons work yet with this. But oh man this finally works.

I am not happy with how the ouya blew up the resolution though. I was expecting it to perfectly resize all the pixels since the resolution is exactly 4x smaller than 1080p but instead it went for the soft anti-alias resizing. I'll have to come up with a way to fix this soon.

Edited by Highwire4
  • Like 4

@Highwire

Holy shit man, I'm glad you managed to pull it off.

I might get an ouya just to play it when it comes out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, new screenshot from Sonic Overture!

eBJIzTp.png

Seems familiar?

SonicProto--article_image.jpg

Edited by Jassbec
  • Like 4

@Highwire

Holy shit man, I'm glad you managed to pull it off.

I might get an ouya just to play it when it comes out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, new screenshot from Sonic Overture!

eBJIzTp.png

Haha thanks man. I'm currently making the engine ambidextrous between working on an ouya and working on a pc and that's going surprisingly well. Man developing for this console is way easier than I thought it would be, I'm probably going to keep making games for it in the future.

As for playing it, I'm planning on having a short demo ready for SAGE act 2 (and another for SAGE 2015) on both ouya and pc (so that if you just so happen to own an ouya you can play it on there as well) so you will be able to play that if you don't own an ouya. However, the full completed game will be ouya exclusive for a while, but if sales suck or if it gets steam greenlit I'll release the pc/mac version. So you might have to wait a bit if you don't have an ouya.

Holy crap that 3D effect you have going on with the ground tile is fantastic. I've never really seen anyone actually distort the size of the shapes in the pattern before but wow is it worth it. Great job on that man. The chameleon robot does blend a little bit too much into the palm tree though for my liking. Maybe red instead?

Haha thanks man. I'm currently making the engine ambidextrous between working on an ouya and working on a pc and that's going surprisingly well. Man developing for this console is way easier than I thought it would be, I'm probably going to keep making games for it in the future.

As for playing it, I'm planning on having a short demo ready for SAGE act 2 (and another for SAGE 2015) on both ouya and pc (so that if you just so happen to own an ouya you can play it on there as well) so you will be able to play that if you don't own an ouya. However, the full completed game will be ouya exclusive for a while, but if sales suck or if it gets steam greenlit I'll release the pc/mac version. So you might have to wait a bit if you don't have an ouya.

Holy crap that 3D effect you have going on with the ground tile is fantastic. I've never really seen anyone actually distort the size of the shapes in the pattern before but wow is it worth it. Great job on that man. The chameleon robot does blend a little bit too much into the palm tree though for my liking. Maybe red instead?

Sweet, looking forward to it!

Also, those 3D effects in the ground took over 4 days to be completed (maybe even more) since we had trouble making them not look off and weird. And that Gecko badnik (Listerion) is supposed to blend in with the palmtree, but we could try to play with the colors a little bit.

I'd hate to be "That guy" but you should probably consider altering the enemies colour so he stands out against the tree.

Other than that he looks good, definitely better than my efforts at graphics.

Like I said before:

"And that Gecko badnik (Listerion) is supposed to blend in with the palmtree."

but we will consider changing the color.

Edited by Jassbec

bandicam_2014_04_14_17_14_01_875.png

bandicam_2014_04_14_17_14_18_301.png

Stuff from Project ESTATE. The game has undergone a complete overhaul lately in terms of story, setting, and gameplay and I'm finally a little comfortable to start showing more of it off. None of the colors here are final, along with the shading. I've been pumping out beta graphics for my 2D game graphics class which is what these are for, so I'm going for quantity over quality right now. I'll touch em up later, for now, I'm just happy to have graphics of some kind. And yes there is a new mechanic in these screenshots.

• Like 7

Like I said before:

"And that Gecko badnik (Listerion) is supposed to blend in with the palmtree."

but we will consider changing the color.

Why not just keep the color the way it is now, and then make the badnik lose his color blending abilities whenever he attacks?