A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

Mockup for a level title screen thing, whaddya think?

Loading%20Demo.png

Gonna have to figure out how to do those Sonic 2 style openings - I want the side and top bars to scroll off screen, leaving the black square to fade into gameplay.

This is only gonna be on screen for a second, so you won't get a chance to read that stuff. I just can't think of a good thing to put in there, and this will drive obsessive people nuts! ;D

Mockup for a level title screen thing, whaddya think?

[qimg]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23237150/Loading%20Demo.png[/qimg]

Gonna have to figure out how to do those Sonic 2 style openings - I want the side and top bars to scroll off screen, leaving the black square to fade into gameplay.

This is only gonna be on screen for a second, so you won't get a chance to read that stuff. I just can't think of a good thing to put in there, and this will drive obsessive people nuts! ;D

That text is pretty generic, try making each level title unique.

dJId

That middle piece is so much better than mine it ain't even funny. <3

But I'll still need something on the top and bottom slice, it'll look empty if it's just the big black main square and the red stripe, right?

Slide the red banner in from the top, and then the grey bars and level title in from the right. slide them out the way they came and fade the black when the level begins. It should look pretty decent.

If your level title and side bars look decent you shouldn't need to add more. Overdoing it would be a bit distracting.

You could replace that ramble on the bottom with mission objectives though. Nobody likes pointless text.

A cleaner version from photoshop! ;D

Loading%20Demo%202.png

I included the tribal Shadow logo, though I'm not too fond of it. I need ideas for something to occupy that space.

Also the wordswordswords are gone. Have a barcode instead!

EDIT: trying this type out with other level names though, legibility might become an issue. >.>

Loading%20Level%202.png

I dunno. Been staring at it too long. Am I going in the right direction at least? :P

Looks cool!

Man...I need to start back work on Sonic Blaze & My Sonic Worlds Collab Level Rock Mines. I haven't touched MMF2 in months because of NASCAR Racing 2003 Season & My Recently Acquired PlayStation 2 that i got for Christmas :)

@BlazefireLP It's Shockey Rai now. I don't go by Marik J. Foxx anymore.

I dunno. Been staring at it too long. Am I going in the right direction at least?

Yeah, definitely. However the act text is still a bit off, you want to draw the player's focus to the level title, by putting the act text in a different spot, the player needs to look elsewhere to read everything, and it comes off feeling disjointed. Try moving the act text closer to the zone name, and brightening or outlining the grey logo behind it.

I did these back when infinite was a tiny little project.

dLJX

In my opinion, having each level title's art style match the level's really helps in terms of design. Obviously these are both terrible, I made them in paint.net almost two years ago, when I still used gamemaker.

But this is just an idea, this is your game so you really want to put your own essence into it.

@Cleberson

That looks pretty neat, I like that they pose at the end.

MS-paint maybe? Probably the most readily available thing. You don't need anything like Photoshop or anything for this. You're only saving a PNG or whatever of it. It goes into the clipboard when you press those combination of keys. You just paste it in, save it. Done. It'll capture the currently active window.

You don't need to, that's the point. Alt + Printscreen does it for you.

...or just use F9 when using a game maker made game. It will automatically save the window's content as a .PNG for you too, so you don't even have to open a image editor.

(you can toggle this feature on or off in the global game settings. It defaults to "ON" though for whatever reason a lot of devs and engines turn the feature off)

[qimg]http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss120/FanGameRevolver/kaytedit3lg.png[/qimg][qimg]http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss120/FanGameRevolver/kaytedit2.png[/qimg]

Trying to edit my character and make her less of a color edit. How does she look to you guys?

I like her better, she's more feminine without being exagerated and objectified, as the industry tends to do these days.

I like her better, she's more feminine without being exagerated and objectified, as the industry tends to do these days.

This. I like the new sandal-esque boots too. ^_^

fplilactreehouse.png

This is supposed to be a treehouse. My main concern is that it may not look curvy enough, but I like where it's going.

Alright... So... For those who follow Sonic After the Sequel's thread, I made recently a comment about the needing of changing the sprites, since now Lake is beeing helped by someone who has some badass spriting skills that made Sonic 3' sprites look lame on it.

I was bored and decided to make an custom sprite for the game, Lake liked it and we spend the last hour tweaking and making some changes. Since we didn't found ourselves in agreement we dediced to show it to everyone so we can have your opinions as well.

It's pretty simple, here is how it works... We have 4 heads and 3 different eyes to choose. Just post "Head: A, B, C, D" and "Eyes: A, B, C". Simple as that, keeping in mind that A is the first one in the left and D is the one one at the end on the right.

WsfqU.png