A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

I think for the future zone maybe change the background gradient to just a solid red to keep consistency?

All of them look really nice though.. I Really like the vine idea from P3DR0 too, That'd emphasis the past look.

As for the bad future fountain, I think you should keep it personally, It gives it a more evil feel to it.

For the Future you could have bits of Eggrobo's crushed into the ground? That'd be pretty cool.

Anyways it's looking awesome and I cant wait to see what other zones you choose to give same treatment :')

@P3DRO, Snow Toilet, BlazefireLP, Mr. S, JetHaw95, Hybrid35:

Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it.

Ok, most part of you guys didn't like the Bad Future. Ok, I'll work on it and make my own version, but I'll maintain something on the pallet and... well, I love that fountain too. But I may also include some fountains that don't work.

I may also make that inside-of-water thing.

I'm not sure about adding robot bits, though; I don't think it's pretty much a "classic-styled" thing.

As for the past, it will lose the blank feeling after I find some palmtrees to it... and some bushes too.

I will also make the vines smaller.

And for now, for my mediocrity's sake...

ssexample.png

The visual thing works, great. Works 100%. Now for the ring and post saving. But I already have something in my mind to cover it.

Happy New Year.

I think it would be a neat idea to make the Past area look like it was just built - i.e. no vines or moss growing on stuff. The Present would be when nature starts settling into the structures. To compensate for the lack of moss, add a lot of potted plants and water fountains in the background, maybe even a Labyrinth Zone-esque water slide. As for the actual track, maybe make it look like a fresh brick road?

I think that, I know it's already been said, but past should look like it's been built. So things like plants, water features, garden-type areas. Maybe also parrots like on generations.

Present, would be normal Sky Sanctuary. While the future would be underwater and broken ruins following the events of S3&K.

SkySanctuaryFuture.png

From left to right: Sky Sanctuary - Past (VERY EARY, WIP), Present and Future.

I apologize for the lack of content, it's just a one-day work. I still have to figure out palmtrees, flowers and whatever. (And yes, it is completely based on Generations' Sky Sanctuary)

The other two BGs you guys are used to them. It's the original Sonic 3 ones and Nite Shadow's edit.

Past looks fine, but Future is far too gore-y for a Sonic game. A bad future isn't one where everything has been brutally killed. For that fountain, I wouldn't expect Eggman to replace the water with blood or some red liquid. Rather, I'd expect him to replace it with some robotic-looking structure resembling the fountain. You could use Palmtree Panic as an example to see that a proper bad future only needs an "abandoned factory" feel added to it. Hell, just the abandoned feel would already work. You're deviating too much from the general look Sonic CD's bad futures have if that's what you're aiming for.

Rather, I'd expect him to replace it with some robotic-looking structure resembling the fountain.
And that fountain is spewing oil or something? I dunno, when I first saw bad future, I wasn't thinking blood, I was more thinking oil or something. Something needs to fuel those robots.

...and-

, I dunno, it sounds fitting.

Yeah or maybe sometihng chemical plant-esque?

That...works really well too. I do wanna see a Chemical Plant-esque Sky Sanctuary. Just...make the oil not bright pink xD

I dunno, I found bright pink oil to be too weird. If that was oil...wait, what was that stuff anyway?

Could really have the sanctuary crash into any of the levels, crashing into an amalgamating with the ruins of flying battery would be sweet so would lying in the depths of lava reef zone.

I had a similar idea once with remaking Sonic 2 levels similar to what they did with Kanto in Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal Versions and the main thing was you would find pieces of what was Wing Fortress lying around.

I think there's too much style mixing in that the trees and pillars seem very flat and cartoony because of the thick outlines and you use effects and gradients that have 256 million colours next to 16 bit graphics. The levels looks nice but the style clashing kinda bugs me.

Yeah, these types of things only work with things like pre-rendered models or existing graphics with a lot of shades *Cough* SonicXG *Cough*.

By the way, because of the effects and hue shifts you got going on, doing a shadow in Photoshop then messing with blending modes may work a lot better for you.

it seems i'm back to where i showed RRZ's boss D=

anyway, i still dont have an idea on how to make the pillars better and still mantain it Square-ish.

2Dzi7.png

did some changes in the tree and another pillar that is only used in the third act

cant wait to let you guys play this

just by looking at the Screen Shots it seems to much like hilltopheights but when playing it it should feel like a whole new zone