A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

Make them wider if you need to just for some more pixel space and detail. Bark is usually done in a nonuniform shingle-y way. (I refrain from using the word "pattern" here, because that's uniform.) ...Edges are light brown to eggshell, while the bulk of the bark would be sierra brown to dark brown.

tt2bg.jpg

Done in my free time. It's nothing much as I don't really know what I want to do with it, and I think the only real charm it has is that the only thing there that wasn't done by me is the background. The whole thing was inspired by BlueFrenzy's Underground Base level which is one of my favorites. Still very incomplete, but you can see the kinds of structures I want(ed?) it to have. I got motivated to do this after I listened to

Still, the level is all just blue and red, and I've been struggling to find a good enough color that isn't yellow to give the whole thing a better, lively feel. At least as lively as a final level can get.

I've been thinking of greenish blue or plain gray.

Very nice, Zenor!

Okay, I wasn't expecting such a positive response to the screenshot I made, so, I figure, what the hell. It's HTML5, so...

Why not throw together a playable treat?

The whole tutorial area, fully playable with Ashe plus Model A fully playable (sans charge shot, but I'll get to that). Obviously buggy, but polish isn't really the point, it's a playable preview of what I've got so far.

Very nice, Zenor!

Okay, I wasn't expecting such a positive response to the screenshot I made, so, I figure, what the hell. It's HTML5, so...

Why not throw together a playable treat?

The whole tutorial area, fully playable with Ashe plus Model A fully playable (sans charge shot, but I'll get to that). Obviously buggy, but polish isn't really the point, it's a playable preview of what I've got so far.

It's good, but I felt like I was playing Megaman with a Zero skin, and I could barely see something... that annoyed me.

It's good, but I felt like I was playing Megaman with a Zero skin, and I could barely see something... that annoyed me.

Well, to be fair, that's kinda the point - Ashe is a Mega Man ZX character. Without Model A, she plays like a basic Mega Man character, with Model A, she plays like an X/Zero character.

The scene is meant to be a bit dark for the sake of ambiance (obviously not gonna be dark all the time), it's fine for me - maybe you should turn your monitor's brightness up a bit.

Gonna be removed? :'c

Looks really nice actually, the panels in the background actually look pretty interesting and it looks like a decent boss fight. If it's finished and you don't want it in the end game would you consider releasing it standalone so we can see what would have been?

Or have you replaced it with something better?:)

Gonna be removed? :'c

Looks really nice actually, the panels in the background actually look pretty interesting and it looks like a decent boss fight. If it's finished and you don't want it in the end game would you consider releasing it standalone so we can see what would have been?

Or have you replaced it with something better?:)

yeah, maybe i'll release a standalone or a cheat to access it in the final game, there is also an unfinished cutscene that happens before the boss that will remain in the cutscenes folder.

and, no, sorry, it wasn't replaced with anything ):

The scene is meant to be a bit dark for the sake of ambiance (obviously not gonna be dark all the time), it's fine for me - maybe you should turn your monitor's brightness up a bit.

ditch the white background first off. it's impossible to see anything in that with such a huge contrast around the whole game screen.

and on that note, I couldn't really get the sound to stick. it'd totally stop alot and would randomly come back for a split second.

ditch the white background first off. it's impossible to see anything in that with such a huge contrast around the whole game screen.

This should work better. I'm not sure why this ain't the default setup in the first place, honestly.

and on that note, I couldn't really get the sound to stick. it'd totally stop alot and would randomly come back for a split second.

Might be your browser, because it works fine for me. Maybe the sound hasn't fully pre-loaded yet, in your case. Not sure.