A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

More proper looking mock ups. Thanks to everyone who helped!

=epic mockups=

Wow man! Its been a while since I've seen stuff on your game, for which I do apologize, I have not been so active around these parts as of late. I gotta kick myself in the ass to come look in here more because these are great.

Hell there is a lot of great things in this thread I have missed haha.

@MCKaosu

what happened to all your old spriters

Now I'm not entirely sure myself, but I believe it has something to do with Sparks losing a lot of files on a crashed hard drive or something, and other spriters simply slowly finding themselves not having enough time.

Thus, the current situation is essentially MCKaosu getting the big things for Sonic Zero done like programming, original music and overall concepts, me doing a fair portion of graphics work and design work, and Sparks occasionally leaving his two cents and/or recovered old files to help with the project.

And there's talks of sharing character sprites with Overbound I think but I can't be sure.

Wow man! Its been a while since I've seen stuff on your game, for which I do apologize, I have not been so active around these parts as of late. I gotta kick myself in the ass to come look in here more because these are great.

Hell there is a lot of great things in this thread I have missed haha.

I'm glad you approve. :D

@GNA Gardow made a pretty awesome Sonic sprite sprite. He also said he would eventually make a Tails and Knuckle to match. While I love his Sonic sprite I'm not too keen on his Tails and Knuckles. I haven't seen Gardow in a few weeks though so that makes me wonder what he's up to.

Instead I've been editing the Chaotix Knuckles to match. I've removed all the rings and replaced his hands in a lot of the animations so it doesn't look like he should be holding a ring, and fixed the jerky run as well as a few other things. For Tails I found someone named Gsuki who made standing animation for a Chaotix style Tails edit but nothing else. So I took that and worked on adding more animations to it.

Now Gardow has already said his Sonic was open source and I don't care if anyone uses the Knuckles and Tails I worked on. Just make sure you credit Gardow, myself, Bosco, and Blazefire.

STTsprites.png

• Like 1

Now I'm not entirely sure myself, but I believe it has something to do with Sparks losing a lot of files on a crashed hard drive or something, and other spriters simply slowly finding themselves not having enough time.

Thus, the current situation is essentially MCKaosu getting the big things for Sonic Zero done like programming, original music and overall concepts, me doing a fair portion of graphics work and design work, and Sparks occasionally leaving his two cents and/or recovered old files to help with the project.

And there's talks of sharing character sprites with Overbound I think but I can't be sure.

Yeah, MCKaosu talked to me about his situation a few times on MSN, and there's only a sliver of the original team left who's still interested. It's definitely a bummer, but the project still looks it'll move forward with a big enough push. That last screenshot is awesome. ^^

I think a new Sonic spriteset is already being worked on for Sonic Zero along with the Tails sprites I'm making, but if you guys decide to go for a Chaotix look instead, I could make my spriteset open sourced as well. :3

GNA is right; I had a hard drive failure, which included a lot of material such as the complete tilesets for Generic Garden (still present in the demo though), as well as WIPs for other levels. The files I had backed up were older, some predating to Sonic Rerun.

It's also my last semester of my senior year, so even my own projects are pretty much postponed (less I find some free time on a few days..!)

I also trust GNA with taking my place. :awink:

edit: and the fact the temporary computer I'm using has no CD drive

NO ROLLER COASTER TYCOON FOR ME

GNA is right; I had a hard drive failure, which included a lot of material such as the complete tilesets for Generic Garden (still present in the demo though), as well as WIPs for other levels. The files I had backed up were older, some predating to Sonic Rerun.

It's also my last semester of my senior year, so even my own projects are pretty much postponed (less I find some free time on a few days..!)

I also trust GNA with taking my place. :awink:

edit: and the fact the temporary computer I'm using has no CD drive

NO ROLLER COASTER TYCOON FOR ME

Aww man, I sympathize. D: My laptop's BIOS got fried a couple weeks ago. Fortunately I had backups of all of my important stuff on a USB drive.

Also, you can get around the lack of a CD drive with a virtual drive program like MagicDisc. Convert your RCT CD's into ISO files on someone else's computer first, then transfer them to your temporary PC and load them into the virtual drive. ^^

Is it wrong that I'm tempted to comment on everything on the list, before I've actually even read it, Just to make your day?

Uhhh "ignoring it" could also be understood along with one "if you want". But anyway, if you take those things in consideration, you'll actually say that it's nothing new but more stupid shit.

that sprite is amazing and fits perfectly

but brighten up the pallet on the level tiles

MCKaosu is using a slightly older version of the tileset, the palette is improved ever so slightly in the newest version.

Also @Criseg, yeah the shadows underneath those particular tiles are a bit shoddy, most of the other tiles are put together a bit better for curves and bumps.