A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

why does he have a buttplug on his head?

not that i don't love it or anything

What do you love? The buttplug or the model... or both? :'D
@LH

whatever.

You seem to like realistic stuff but i dont want my game to be 100% realistic anyway.

Sorry, but i will let the shadows there, if i remove the shadows it will not look good in motion.

I agree that it won't look good in motion... But LH has a good point... I guess that you don't have to remove the shadows... But at least give the impression of the twilight you've created scattering the shadows a lil' bit.

eMk03.png

Well it's just an idea, but you do whatever pleases you, sir.

i didn't show the upper part of the BG, so here it is

Te1B7.png38zki.png

Those "Stars" are actually crystals, diamonds, shining at the top of the cave.

It's not night actually.

Well, my intention with this zone was to show some mystical stuff, something out of our reality, a real "mystic cave"

And, as you can see from the desert screenshot i tryed to blur the shadows a little bit.

This is just... something I was... um, waiting for... Saying that this is awesome isn't enough.

but

And a novelty zone...

RSN_SplashLOLZ.png

wait what-- is it going to show up in the final game? (though I saw that Warehouse is probably not going to show up too)

EDIT: I'm risking my neck by saying this, but this is the kind of 2D gaphics SEGA was supposed to show for Splash Hill.

No more Doomsday, and Final Fall without the Death Egg - not a sequel to 3/Knuckles any more then? I'm curious about what the music choices will be this time round, too.

Uhh there actually IS a Doomsday in the screens and he didn't show the environment of Final Fall.

Yes, I definitely think it's still a sequel to S3K. Doomsday's still there (it's just oddly placed on the level select), we haven't seen enough of Final Fall to judge the plot, there's still broken parts of Angel Island in the title screen ocean, and more speculatively there's a level called Sunken Star Zone. I'm no expert on fan-game history but I'm certain that at one point the XG guys discussed the possibility of a defunct Death Egg stage that is in the ocean, and given the alliteration aspect of Retro Sonic Nexus, 'Sunken Star Zone' would be as apt a name as any for such a type of zone.

If there was a way I could hug you over the internet I would.

This is sonic 4 in my opinion, always will be. I thought it was vaporware. I am happy to hear it's alive (<--Understatement).

P.s. I didn't know you worked on this, I thought it was Nitemare, all the more cool.

@LakeFeperd: Looks much better now. ;)

but this is the kind of 2D gaphics SEGA was supposed to show for Splash Hill.
It's a completly different style since Sonic 4 itself isn't played with sprites.
As far as I remember on the Sonic XG demo the first act of Final Fall didn't had the Death Egg. The background just starts to look chaotic after Robotnik show up and shoot some missiles on the sky. The Death Egg itself just starts to appear at the boss battle.