A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

.. well, this is a blast from the past, in multiple senses. I remember making that GHZ enhanced so long ago.. and that cheese background.. XD; christ that's an old picture. We're talking tSf beseen chatroom years of old.. which is over 11 years.

.. I feel so old. D:

Ah both of you did great work. I'm going to go ahead and use that Ristar if you don't mind. Though as Strife said it should be the same color as the grass so I'll have to change the color a bit.

I actually need 2 palmtrees so I'm going to attempt the reshade my original leaves yet again and use Ristar and P3DR0's version in the past of the stage.

In a sort of off topic topic, this is why I tried to start that level collab thread in the art forum. You all make such pretty stuff when you work together. :')

Showed this in the Collab thread few days ago, but I think showing them here would give me more comments.

cheesehill1.png

Four shots showing:

a) background with "cheese holes"

B) cheese over monitors

c) rolling cheese that hits you in the ground

d) bouncing cheese that explodes when you hit it

e) cheese over springs

f) nacho cheese under the bridge.

I think there should be bigger holes, and more in amount. The random clumps of little holes on the foreground look slapped together, and it doesn't really remind me too much of cheese. They remind me of something nasty; like boils or something, which isn't something I like to think about when I see something about food. :P

I like the rest of it though. The cheese wheel is awesome. And I like the concepts at hand but I feel they could use more detail (unless you just haven't got to them yet). A specific example of one that could use more fine-tuning would be the nacho cheese. It looks like plain old orange water.

EDIT: Also I'd like to know of any comments and critique on the Egg Capsule I posted earlier. It was modeled by SefirothDB. Oh yeah, and thank you LH for giving it some form of feedback. :>

@Azukara: Humm, true. Those little holes were taken from the rolling cheese you liked xD, since I was kinda lazy and didn't want to make proper holes. But never mind, I'll make bigger and medium ones on separate 32x32 block tiles, and put it there.

@FanGameRevolver You mean a Cheese Dino? It is possible actually. I may take the Dino Badnik from my Hidden Palace Zone and recolor it. What do you think?

EDIT: Does it seem less nasty? lol.

morecheese.png

@Hyper Emerson That looks great I think. You could shade with a rap around stripe though.

I recreated a new background for the past of what was to be called Disport Drive Zone or Viridian Valley Zone. Now since both background contain different types of watchtowers I'm considering calling it Wayward Watchtower Zone.

Viridian%20Valley.png

Speaking of other works so far, heres this.

0c2627fd.jpg

Any constructive criticism on this? Any improvements that could be made? By the way, this is only one out of a set two you are supposed to go between (SA-style, where the starposts are lying sideways), and when you touch them they come up, spin and flash red and yellow.

Model by SefirothDB.

@Azukara: Nothing really important, but if the ball's gonna spin, then it should not be disposed in the fixed part of the post... besides the player's probably not gonna notice that.

I seriously prefer the S3&K lamp post than Sonic and Sonic 2 Alpha ones. It's pretty an awesome job there. Thumbs up to your modeller SefirothDB.

Basically, it's meant to be a blend of the Sonic 2/3K and the SA1 starpost, as well as having it's own unique attributes to seperate it from the usual. Also, the marker at the top of the starpost is flat shaped. The bar it sits atop of will rotate on an axis, so I hope that answers the question on how the marker will rotate.

So I was wondering: would it be best to have yellow at it's base, or just keep the white there? Or would any other colors work as well?

Basically, it's meant to be a blend of the Sonic 2/3K and the SA1 starpost, as well as having it's own unique attributes to seperate it from the usual. Also, the marker at the top of the starpost is flat shaped. The bar it sits atop of will rotate on an axis, so I hope that answers the question on how the marker will rotate.

So I was wondering: would it be best to have yellow at it's base, or just keep the white there? Or would any other colors work as well?

Oh rite. It does.

If you want something new, use white; it looks good.

But if you want to aim for something classic, yeah, paint it black yellow.