A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

News for you SMT/Persona type peoples...

DJ espeed

Not something that I really concern myself with, given my taste in games, but I thought some of you guys might find this interesting. According to Nikkei (JP), Sega Sammy Holdings appears to have purchased Atlus' parent company, Index Corporation. Atlus' operations will be reorganized under Sega. What this means, apparently, is that your next copy of Shin Megami Tensei or Persona will(possibly?) have a nice, fat Sega logo on the cover. Thoughts? Concerns?

Segas track record with its fans liking their games is shit. Segas track reccord in general is not shit, its just Its fans dont like their sonic games.

Sega still has fans that buy their games.

Sega purchasing atlus is just a Rumour as of now.

Atlus wil still be making the Persona/SMT games, not sega. If anything, sega will only publish.

and again, ITS ONLY A RUMOUR.

I left this spoiler to take responsibility for what I said but I've since rethought my position. I am sorry if I offended anyone.

I am sorry if strong language about Apple offended you. I really don't like their software I have to use it everyday at work and I think it's just awful. But I did not say anything about anyone who liked their products. Worm called me foolish and I called him on it. But that was the end of it. Worm is cool I have no personal problem with anyone here.

I should not have been so harsh when discussing Apple. I provoked Lt Worm with it and I am sorry.

But if I am bad Moderator then just take away my mod powers. I really did not mean any harm. It's hard to judge when topics are out of hand and when things are fine. I try to not use mod powers unless something really gets out of hand or I see that it's causing a problem. But maybe my judgment has been flawed. I really can't say for certain. You were always one of the more interesting people here Ila if I did something to offend you or anyone else I'm sorry.

So it's currently with the temporary name of "Sega Dream", huh.

Hopefully this dream is going to be a good one. I don't care if they make SMT pachislot machines or retarded social games as long as they don't stop working the main meat of the series on consoles/portables.

ALSO TRAUMA CENTER U FUCKING WHEN

• 2 months later...

I know this thread is dead and all, but:

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/11/27/atlus-free-use-dormant-sega-ip-says-company-president/#gmJGut2abOQSfQsP.99

this might solve any worries that any of you might have, if at all there are still any doubts, but it seems that sega will have absolutely no impact to the games, only funding it seems.

And looks like teyre also letting atlus use dormant sega Ip's!

Well, things seem to be working okay for the time being.

We just got the official P5 Video and that Persona Q thing for 3DS. Get hype.

The closest "SEGA" thing here would be Persona Dance All Night for the Vita... also known as "Persona Diva F" 'cause that's what it is in a nutshell

Also the first P3 movie is out in Japan, can't wait to watch that

I know this thread is dead and all, but:

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/11/27/atlus-free-use-dormant-sega-ip-says-company-president/#gmJGut2abOQSfQsP.99

this might solve any worries that any of you might have, if at all there are still any doubts, but it seems that sega will have absolutely no impact to the games, only funding it seems.

And looks like teyre also letting atlus use dormant sega Ip's!

Well fuck, if only Phantasy Star was still inactive...I'd much rather them hand their active IPs over to Atlus, instead of fucking over those until nobody likes them anymore.