A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Action Project

sdilogotransparente.png

Sonic Action is a fan game that is being done by me, using the engine 360° BlazefireLP for MMF2, the gameplay will be based on modern Sonic games like Sonic Unleashed 2006/Sonic, and plot out the chronology of the series .

Game characters are:
Sonic (playable), Tails (non-playable), Knuckles (playable), Eggman, Shadow (playable), Metal Sonic [Custom Version]
Each character will have a different style of gameplay, and Sonic and Shadow focused on speed and action, Knuckles will be geared more toward the platform and exploitation.

History:
As I said before the game's plot will be out of the chronology of the series, not yet fully developed, the only thing I can say is that the plot is a mix of Sonic 3 & Knuckles with Sonic Adventure 2 ...

Graphics:
The character sprites are made ​​by me alert by Fragmotion where I create the sprites through 3D models taken from Sonic Blitz, since the graphs of the phases will be in 2D, fully customized.

Photos:
Untitled_6.png?1397018062

Untitled_5.png?1397018088

ZONES:

The game are divided into Adventure Fields, each Adventure Field will have 2-3 Action Stages zones, one for each character.

Note: Although the number of stages that the game will was not set, but I will updating as decided...

Adventure Field >South Island:

No photos at the moment...

South Island Action Stage > Emerald Beach:

Old Version:

Untitled_6.png?1398119557

New Version:

oj4EAf.png

(Screen is a mockup.)

More Stages coming soon...

Videos:
Engine Test(OLD Engine):

Engine Test #2 OLD Engine:

Engine Test #3 OLD Engine:

Engine Test(Very Old Engine):

http://www.mediafire.com/download/a8z9mgk9ucm9lvg/sonic_action_engine_test.rar

Note:
This is the old engine, using the engine 8-way, I migrated into a 360 ° engine.

Project Progress:
Engine: 100%

All Playable Characters: 50%

Level Design: 0%
Graphics: 40%

|Sonic Action Website|

Sorry for my english, I'm Brazilian and I'm using a translator... =P

Edited by Flasher the hedgehog

Holy crap, this is looking way past cool! (I had to do that, sorry!)

It's really good looking i must admit. I like what i'm seeing so far, good job! :D

(And the translator you're using must be good, if you didn't tell us you were using a translator i wouldn't have noticed!)

One thing that bothers me a lot is the screen ration compared to the character size. The characters and environments are just too big for the screen size. I'd suggest making the resolution bigger.

Other than that I'm very impressed and looking forward to this.

Holy crap, this is looking way past cool! (I had to do that, sorry!)

It's really good looking i must admit. I like what i'm seeing so far, good job! :D

(And the translator you're using must be good, if you didn't tell us you were using a translator i wouldn't have noticed!)

Thank you, I will bring more updates soon ... Just hope it works for my friend to finish the graphics of the first phase ... I'm looking forward to test all the engine ...

About the translation, Google Translator wins! xD

One thing that bothers me a lot is the screen ration compared to the character size. The characters and environments are just too big for the screen size. I'd suggest making the resolution bigger.

Other than that I'm very impressed and looking forward to this.

When I saw what you said in another language I was afraid that you were talking about the size of the character sprites ... One thing I will not be able to increase and decrease a lot less, because otherwise it would mecher with all the positions of the detectors at all angles (would be too much work!) ...

Anyway, I'll see if I can fix the resolution today, even by that is easy to regulate it yet ... hehe

The sprites still seem too big to me.

Now I'm not understanding ... For me the screen size is good ... But do you think the Sonic sprites are too big compared to other objects? Is that for now only the Sonic sprites are in 3D, most objects is still the Sonic Advance sprites that are there just for testing, I'll still create sprites 3D objects in the right size ...

Now I'm not understanding ... For me the screen size is good ... But do you think the Sonic sprites are too big compared to other objects? Is that for now only the Sonic sprites are in 3D, most objects is still the Sonic Advance sprites that are there just for testing, I'll still create sprites 3D objects in the right size ...

It's just that Sonic takes up too much of the screen. Watch some Modern playthroughs of Sonic Generations to see the sort of size that would be good.

Also, some critique on the demo:

It's good, with well executed ideas, but some tutorials would be good. I only found out I could wall jump by chance. Also, is there a homing attack? I seemed to miss it if there is. And I can't activate the boost. Good progress so far.

It's just that Sonic takes up too much of the screen. Watch some Modern playthroughs of Sonic Generations to see the sort of size that would be good.

Also, some critique on the demo:

It's good, with well executed ideas, but some tutorials would be good. I only found out I could wall jump by chance. Also, is there a homing attack? I seemed to miss it if there is. And I can't activate the boost. Good progress so far.

Gee ... I forgot that detail ... To be a test I did not bother to make a tutorial, but anyway, I can explain ... ^ ^ '

About Wall Jump, it can only be executed in some parts of the phase, as in Sonic Generation, where you can only run it in those black walls, but forgot to leave the black walls or put some visible sign that there you can use Jump the Wall ... ^ ^ '

And no, it has Homing Attack and do not pretend to, Homing Attack think it would be nice pro 3D, why even without the Homing help me to give more difficulty to the game ... hehe

What about the Boost my idea is to limit the use of it in the game without using it freely breaking out all fired ... xD So I left the Boost as a special skill that can only be used when the bar is full, when complete it you will be able to use it freely to the bar empty, ae will have to fill it again to use ... Oh and another thing ... Oh a small bug right after the QTE that nullifies the use of boost soon after you leave the QTE ... I'll have to fix that ...

That's kind of neat but needs a lot of tweaking. Some animations seems out of place (the one that plays when Sonic bounces of a spring, specialy). Also, Sonic takes a lot of the screen space, you should really consider making the resolution a little bit bigger.

Also, 8 directions looks really bad with such big sprites, you should consider making the character rotates 360º. I liked how Sonic handles himself, he doesn't seem too fast nor to slow, you may consider tweaking his acceleration, thought. Also, those "blue spheres" that come out of enemies or tricks, consider making them a little faster too and a a little bit smaller wouldn't hurt either.

Sonic is not invulnerable when hit and that lead me to some annoying deaths where I couldn't do much. For example, try running straight into the first crab enemy in the test stage. After getting hit, hold the right arrow key, eventually you'll collide with him while you're flashing and will die.

There are also a lot of collision problems which are pretty annoying. But overall, you have something really nice going on and I can't wait to see more.

That's kind of neat but needs a lot of tweaking. Some animations seems out of place (the one that plays when Sonic bounces of a spring, specialy). Also, Sonic takes a lot of the screen space, you should really consider making the resolution a little bit bigger.

Also, 8 directions looks really bad with such big sprites, you should consider making the character rotates 360º. I liked how Sonic handles himself, he doesn't seem too fast nor to slow, you may consider tweaking his acceleration, thought. Also, those "blue spheres" that come out of enemies or tricks, consider making them a little faster too and a a little bit smaller wouldn't hurt either.

Sonic is not invulnerable when hit and that lead me to some annoying deaths where I couldn't do much. For example, try running straight into the first crab enemy in the test stage. After getting hit, hold the right arrow key, eventually you'll collide with him while you're flashing and will die.

There are also a lot of collision problems which are pretty annoying. But overall, you have something really nice going on and I can't wait to see more.

The animations will still be repaired, those were for testing, do not intend to leave the Sonic coloring wrong with that ... hehe

Actually increased screen greatly improved the game, I left at 640x360, the game now gives the sensation that runs smoother, but as I slowly increased Sonic was the top speed and acceleration it as you suggested, and the settings in camera was very nice.

I'll change those spheres, those are only for testing too ... xD The bugs damage the Sonic will be concerted.

About angles, I really really wanted to use 360 but I sinned that engine 8-way because it was easier to deal with, and also because working on it, I can learn how to deal with the 360 ° to create a fan game yet better. I like to be in a basic-intermediate to advanced pro soon pass, I like to learn how it is done ... = P

The only thing that disturbs me are the problems in the collision, I was wondering what happened collision problems to know what the root of the problem ... = / A help would be grateful ... hehe

• 3 weeks later...

Going to post some small updates ...

Sorry for the delay to post here, my job was killing me these last few days, so ... Now I'm on vacation from work and I'll see if I can release a demo of the game ...

The updates are only visible interface of the game even though I'm still working, the other updates are the engine of the game that is best and most (most, not all yet ... = P) of the bugs fixed.

On the sets ... Unfortunately my friend who would be responsible for setting Pseudo 3D can not end scenarios for the game, so I'll be doing the scenarios 2D style game Sonic Rush ...

Is the scenario that I will use in the first phase:

ff8w.png

Sorry for the double post. D=

wow thats looking much better with the bigger screen size! One cool thing for you to implement later with the camera system would be for it to move forward ahead of sonic a little bit when going super fast so the player can see more of whats ahead of them.

Much, much, much better with the new resolution. Good work, Flasher.

Also, the 2D graphics are way better than the 3D ones. Both have their pros and cons, but trully, 3D graphics are only cool if they're in 3D space (have an Z axis).

Character, enemies and whatever are ok to be in 3D because they're in constant motion, so they look like they have an Z axis. But in overall scenary it would just look like if you took a photo or something and put Sonic on top of it.

It would look more or less like this:

The sprited parts are fine and pretty cool, but take a look at Crisis City and how disgusting it looks.

wow thats looking much better with the bigger screen size! One cool thing for you to implement later with the camera system would be for it to move forward ahead of sonic a little bit when going super fast so the player can see more of whats ahead of them.

In fact it has already been implemented in the engine, the photo does not show it because she took the time to print the Boost cranked ... hehe

On the scenarios, the Pseudo-3D knowing how to use it, the game getting pretty much like it is the case that in my opinion:

However, it would be very difficult to create all the scenarios of the phase in 3D with all the hills, slopes, loops, etc ... 2D is much easier even...

• 2 weeks later...
It looks interesting but you need to learn how to render those models. Sonic's sprites are very dark and poorly shaded.

Are still only for testing, I'm messing the game engine more than the sprites, these sprites change will take much, then I will fix the engine and other details for later mecher there.