A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

All that Crazy stuff from the ATS thread

Aizen90

I notice you have fallen for my trap... If you had a sense of maturity, you would have calmly said, (something along the lines of) It appears you have misread what I wrote RIGHT BEFORE THE SENTENCE WHERE I WROTE, "TOSSER."

I've explained everything to you calmly, without caps lock except for that once sentance where I told you to go and his read his posts, and you know why? Because so far this has been an entire page of duckboy being an ass and you ignoring everything he has said, not bothering to look at any of the posts for yourself, yet you continue to question me on what he's said, and after this much time with a page full of posts like this, I got to the point where I used caps lock for 'three words' oh god the horror.

And guess what, even in reply to me saying go look at his posts, you still haven't done it, you're still for some reason obsessed about the fact that I used 'a bad word' at duckboy after he'd been constantly insulting through sarcasm at me and lange while refusing to actually answer any of our questions properly, that's why after a long period of time, I started to get insulting and use the word tosser, at that point he deserved someone to say something to him, and I reached a point after a while where I was getting too annoyed, I didn't just bring my insults out of nowhere from the start like he did.

And ironically by ignoring everything I said and refusing to look at his posts and get the picture you just pointlessly overused caps far more than I did. And if people who are annoyed by this want to know why it's carried on for so long, there's your reason. Now, enough.

Guest Mr Lange

Duckboy is a troll.

Every time someone responds rationally or explains that we aren't thinking the game is flawless, he just shoots back the exact opposite extreme again telling us to go marry our perfect game or something.

He is fed now guys.

EDIT: Alright, let's get serious. Ducky, we aren't saying the game is flawless, but your complaints are a matter of opinion, not facts.

What the hell does this even mean? How is anything "fun" if not entirely by opinion in the first place? The word "opinion" is completely arbitrary in this sense and is only being used because, like he said, you guys have issues with the game having flaws because you're fanatics. Which isn't even a bad thing -- having flaws or being fanatics. But god damn if you people don't know how to make it look bad.

He made completely valid points, and I myself made the same ones. The sugar levels in general were great in concept but executed in a way that was mostly just aggravating. The Sugar rarely did anything to make the underwater sections better. The calorie burning fire pillar guys were indeed annoyingly placed for the most part. And, both of these issues were compounded on in the final act when the water wave periodically decided to screw you over (commonly throwing you INTO the fire bastards seemingly by intentional design). If you liked the water stages then of course you won't agree with him. But for the sake of criticism, and everyone who DIDN'T enjoy those sections, we have comments.

Yep if you don't like those sections that's fine your opinion, and even though I can't understand or agree with your reasons, you at least elaborated, no one else who's had these complaints about the levels has bothered to have an actual conversation and just felt like being difficult (like you ZigZax, thanks for choosing not to read anything I said and blame "my anger"). At least I got one thing from this, I see why Sonic Retro has a 10-20 post system before you're validated for membership. I'm really saddened/done with some of you, thanks a bunch.

Okay you guys, inhibitor rings off... FULL CAPS B!TCHES!

JUST STOP, STOP! I'M GETTING SICK AND TIRED OF THIS SH!T! JUST STOP! SOMEONE CLOSE THE THREAD OR SOMETHING, JUST STOP!!! I'M MOTHERF!CKIN SICK OF THIS MOTHERF!CKIN PLACE! CAN AN ADMIN PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS!

LAKE! SAVE US!

*Unsubscribes*

^ Exactly what i think.

What the hell does this even mean? How is anything "fun" if not entirely by opinion in the first place? The word "opinion" is completely arbitrary in this sense and is only being used because, like he said, you guys have issues with the game having flaws because you're fanatics. Which isn't even a bad thing -- having flaws or being fanatics. But god damn if you people don't know how to make it look bad.

He made completely valid points, and I myself made the same ones. The sugar levels in general were great in concept but executed in a way that was mostly just aggravating. The Sugar rarely did anything to make the underwater sections better. The calorie burning fire pillar guys were indeed annoyingly placed for the most part. And, both of these issues were compounded on in the final act when the water wave periodically decided to screw you over (commonly throwing you INTO the fire bastards seemingly by intentional design). If you liked the water stages then of course you won't agree with him. But for the sake of criticism, and everyone who DIDN'T enjoy those sections, we have comments.

yup

Yep if you don't like those sections that's fine your opinion, and even though I can't understand or agree with your reasons, you at least elaborated, no one else who's had these complaints about the levels has bothered to have an actual conversation and just felt like being difficult (like you ZigZax, thanks for choosing not to read anything I said and blame "my anger"). At least I got one thing from this, I see why Sonic Retro has a 10-20 post system before you're validated for membership. I'm really saddened/done with some of you, thanks a bunch.

haha what who even are you and what kind of high society forum do you think this is

haha what who even are you and what kind of high society forum do you think this is

There was nothing high society/posh or whatever about my post, all I ever did was have a disagreement with someone and wanted an actual conversation about it, at least an argument that actually made sense. But I'm clearly not allowed to do that with a lot of you, I just have to shut my trap and go along with anyone and anything, and all this is on me apparently for daring to speak, because no one wants to fucking read anything to see who's really at fault. Some of you here, I don't want you to ever talk to me again, being absolute dickheads because I had an opinion, it's been almost nothing but people jumping down my throat every time I post anything ever since I simply asked people not to spoil the game a while back.

Now to enjoy the OST and forget all this crap.

Downloading the OST, haven't had a chance to play the game yet but I am eager to. That'll have to happen next week unless I start this wicked freelance gig next week (hoping I do). But yeah, stoked to play - I liked BTS and if ATS is more of the same I'm cool with that.

Also I need to say this - but what has happened to this forum? I liked it better up until a few months ago it seems. People weren't so annoying about everything. Recently a lot of the posts in here have sucked. I guess the community is changing on me now, contemplating whether or not I even wanna stick around anymore lol.

Also Duckboy is awesome.

Downloading the OST, haven't had a chance to play the game yet but I am eager to. That'll have to happen next week unless I start this wicked freelance gig next week (hoping I do). But yeah, stoked to play - I liked BTS and if ATS is more of the same I'm cool with that.

Also I need to say this - but what has happened to this forum? I liked it better up until a few months ago it seems. People weren't so annoying about everything. Recently a lot of the posts in here have sucked. I guess the community is changing on me now, contemplating whether or not I even wanna stick around anymore lol.

Also Duckboy is awesome.

This. This all the way.

Also Duckboy is awesome.

I can agree, the forums have been a little "off" these past few weeks. (cue cheesy dialogue) Can we all just start over? Everything we have said is ridiculous, and is meaningless to life. Pointless, a waste of time. We all have our opinions, and we should just leave it be. It is all of our faults, we are all here together, and should act as a big, overly obsessed with sonic, family. Whaddya say, Azien, others, etc? (cheesy dialogue off)

Why can't we be humble, like Lake? He's just calmly watching us being ridiculous over a game! I feel sorry for the guy! I really respect Lake, he said (something along the lines of) I won't release any more patches of ATS because I like to move on with life. I think we should all do that too.

I rather enjoyed reading through all these posts. I laughed out loud at ZigZaX's all hail comment. That being said here are a few thoughts.

SFGHQ has always been a place where people can thoughtfully critique games without catching heat. Generally it's thought that by knowing certain elements others find questionable one can use that knowledge to improve over time. In the 6 or 7 years I've posted here I've greatly improved my skills because of critiques from other members.

Aizen90 you really shouldn't pick fights with Ducks. They have a nasty bite. You instigated a flame war for almost 2 pages! At some point you might have thought about shutting up and not acting like a child. While you are at it ask yourself this: Does Lake need your help to defend his game? It's a huge success without your defense! I'd have thought you'd be on your best behavior given that I warned you last week. If this warning doesn't work I will have to do something more substantial. Probably a temp ban. :/

Jassbec, Mr. Potatobadger Don't get involved! And for the love of god enough of the animated gifs. They are annoying as hell. Do not post any more joke images. The only images I want to see you post are images of your projects or images that directly relate to the topic. Geez! This is annoying.

I think that's everything that needs addressing.

To everyone else I'd just say THINK before you post. This will be a forum of quality posts that further the discussions.