A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Madcap Grotto MFA release

I haven't actually posted this yet, have I... Had it kicking around on the FTP for a while now and I never bothered to actually create a topic for it.

It uses one of the old level collab builds of Sonic Worlds, but I'm fairly sure the stuff in it should be fairly portable to current Sonic Delta builds. Feel free to pick it apart for the assets and to learn from the enemies/gimmicks/etc. If you choose to use something, a little recognition is nice, but I wouldn't ostracize anyone over it or anything like that. Please defer to Overbound before using the tile-set since I'm not principally responsible for that bit.

http://dimensionwarped.sonicfangameshq.com/download/DWLev_Checkpoint25.mfa

I'm a fan of this level, so it's cool that you released it as open source. ^_^

I always figured that the attack patterns of the badniks in this stage were complex enough to feel at home in a more combat-oriented gameplay system. If I should decide to scavenge some of the enemies or gimmicks for Freedom Planet, I'll be sure to give credit where it's due.

(Curiously enough, this runs far slower than my Sonic Worlds game on this computer, even with Direct3D 9 enabled.)

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...