A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Eddie Lebron's short Sonic film is out

ila

Oh man, this officially classifies as "so bad it's good." The whole South Islanders thing kind of put an interesting spin on integrating anthros with modern society. I also enjoyed the random cameos from various internet personalities. The writing was terrible, but I really like the guy they got to play Robotnik. He's definitely how I'd expect a real life SatAM era Robotnik to act. I'd say the weakest part of this movie was Jaleel White. His whole performance felt really phoned in. I'd still recommend watching this though, if only because of how ridiculous it is.

Jaleel just doesn't fit with that modern looking Sonic. His voice was actually surprisingly close to his younger self but his acting wasn't as good. So I agree with you ila "phoned in" is exactly how it sounded. From what I've heard Jaleel had secluded 4 hour sessions to work on Sonic's voice on AoStH and Satam so that makes some sense.

Twas alright. Didn't really follow it so I guess I didn't have any expectations. Besides, for a fanfilm, I suppose that it wasn't too bad or that great. CGI looked...dodgy due to the animations of the models and some of the acting seemed a bit half hearted (Dude that gets interrogated by Robotnik) and the writing didn't interest me that much either.

This pretty much brought the super cheese and I think Jaleel sounded awful as sonic, I think we're all pretty much past that voice at this point, even if it didn't even sound remotely like his old school voice.

It was a decent experiment, I wouldn't back such a movie though, I enjoyed their megaman one, and I'm still waiting for a real dragonball z movie to happen, even if it's fan made, someone has to have the brains to create such a movie.

That was so so bad on so many levels. Lord, the acting, the animation, everything

Also it makes me do a complete 180 on wanting Jaleel White to voice Sonic again. He's lost his touch.

I'd still want him to voice sonic, just...

...i dont want him to suck at it. That was a cringeworthy terrible voice over

And Dragon Ball Z is just one of those things that will never get a decent live-action effort because the effects that would be required (and the physique of the actors) is something you just don't see everyday.

Dragonball and Sayian Saga, yeah sure. Anything after that is lol