A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

What are you gonna be for Halloween?

Eminence

I'm going to be working.

When I get home, I'm going to be a) hiding from the hordes of cosplayers, or B) hooking up my n64 to my stereo and playing Hydro Thunder very loudly to annoy people.

The last Halloween I remember doing anything serious for was when I was 11, 11 years ago.

Halloween doesn't really exist down here.

Well, stores still get stupid decor and shit (just like Santas and snowy trees... in a country where xmas is in fucking summer), but nobody really cares much about it.

It's known as "día/noche de brujas" (witch day/night) here.

Fuck year n64. I'll just spend the night doing the usual thing: Reading.

I'm actually wishing I'd done something festive. I stood staring at my door when I got home, thinking, "Man, I've become that cranky guy who doesn't care about anything, the one I never wanted to be!" Then again, it doesn't help that I'm extremely shy, more so when people are expecting something from me.

What happened?

Stayed home most of the day. I was planning on going to a pumpkin patch with my lady friend and eventually carve pumpkins.

By the time she got off work it was dark and she was not in the mood to pick out pumpkins. So we smoked a bit; drank Halloween themed shots; and handed out candy to kids.

It was an alright Halloween. There just wasn't a reason to dress up.