A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Pokemon Android

Eminence

Why has Nintendo not capitalized on the Android market? They could release a stripped down Pokemon game for $5 where I could pick a starter; train him in some quirky way; catch other Pokemon; battle my friends; etc.

It would sell like hotcakes.

...oh and every year release an "updated" version and charge an addition $5 for that. Everyone has a smart phone and everyone in my generation would still love a Pokemon Battle.

Get at it Nintendo!

Reason: Why only sell the game if I can build a new Portable Console and attatch a new pokemon game to it and then earn the money of the console AND the games. They also can justify a few changes in a new game (like Black 2 / White 2) and ask for much more money if the game has a physical media (cartridige / cd / flash card...).

Anyway, if you live in Europe (or use proxies) and wanna try something like this, there's a MMO pokemon game based in FireRed (you will need the original firered rom). google it "pokemmo" ;)

Reason: Why only sell the game if I can build a new Portable Console and attatch a new pokemon game to it and then earn the money of the console AND the games. They also can justify a few changes in a new game (like Black 2 / White 2) and ask for much more money if the game has a physical media (cartridige / cd / flash card...).

Anyway, if you live in Europe (or use proxies) and wanna try something like this, there's a MMO pokemon game based in FireRed (you will need the original firered rom). google it "pokemmo" ;)

Pretty much this.

Also, they even went and took down an Android Pokedex. So yeah, baseline here is that Nintendo has always been First Party, and incredible proprietary. That's probably not going to change for the next century or so.

Also, there's a US based PokeMMO. Just sayin'.

"They could release a stripped down Pokemon game for $5 where I could pick a starter; train him in some quirky way; catch other Pokemon; battle my friends; etc."

I'm not suggesting a full-fledged Pokemon game. Just an application on your phone that let's you train and battle Pokemon with your friends. I am 20 years old (I turn 21 soon) and I know many, many people who would be 100 times more likely to pay $5 for a Pokemon app / game on their phone than purchase a handheld system and a Pokemon game.

Especially at a lowered price.

Eminence I don't mean any offense but are you really this dumb or are you just a really clever troll cuz I could honestly be okay with all of your obtuse garbage if you were trolling

How am I dumb?

It doesn't make sense to offer a $5 application on your smartphone that would allow millions of people to relive the nostalgia of their childhood? I'm also almost certain I've completed more college than you.

Fucking loser.

How am I dumb?

It doesn't make sense to offer a $5 application on your smartphone that would allow millions of people to relive the nostalgia of their childhood? I'm also almost certain I've completed more college than you.

Fucking loser.

It doesn't make sense when Nintendo is making more money hand over first than any of their other IPs on their own handheld, and it's now been like 17 or so years since the series first started. People relive the nostalgia of Pokemon from their childhood by just playing the new Pokemon on their DS/3DS, there is absolutely zero reason for them to do have a Pokemon app like that beyond like, a pokedex.

also you're dumb cause you make dumb posts

It doesn't make sense when Nintendo is making more money hand over first than any of their other IPs on their own handheld, and it's now been like 17 or so years since the series first started. People relive the nostalgia of Pokemon from their childhood by just playing the new Pokemon on their DS/3DS, there is absolutely zero reason for them to do have a Pokemon app like that beyond like, a pokedex.

also you're dumb cause you make dumb posts

I haven't bought a game since Pokemon Gold. If they released an app on a smartphone, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I don't have any interest in purchasing a DS/3DS or shelling out however much a game for it would be (or any handheld for that matter). I know plenty of people who feel similar.

I would have interest in spending $5 on an app so my friends and I can kill some boredom and relive nostalgia. Crazy concept? Look at Angry Birds, they've made millions off this same basic premise except Pokemon has a built-in fanbase that could dwarf what Angry Birds has done.

EDIT: Hell, make it a Chao Garden esque mini-game. You've got your own Pokemon Ranch and you take your Pokemon out for walks. You encounter random wild Pokemon that you would be able to battle, catch, etc.

Maybe set it so that your region on the planet affects what Pokemon you can encounter? Certain Pokemon are only available in the State of Illinois, Province of Toronto, etc.

Pokemon would battle and level up as normal. You could build a squad and battle your friends. All on your Android Phone.

Dude... That's just not something Nintendo is interrested in doing. SEGA and Square Enix will do it on occasion, but name one time when Nintendo has.

Again, they're incredibly proprietary.

Besides, they have 2 hanhelds currently on the market, and both have been met with Critical/Public acclaim... Why would they want to go for phones? Especially Android, given how painfully inefficient and crash-prone the OS is.

Hell, I am typing this on my DSi right now, so... Point in case, their own devices serve well enough for them and for their consumers.

i stopped giving a fuck about pokemon when pokemon kept stressing to me how much it didn't like me giving a fuck about pokemon

make a new game on the original 152 and i will literally buy a 3DS and eat that shit up. You can keep those other 600 new rubber geometry cutout doofus pokemon though

And to nintendo's credit, they've been milking the shit out of mario as of late, but i dont know them to flood the market with their more popular IPs. They tend to save them for more impactful titles.

And like people have been pointing out...they're the last game company that needs to resort to shitty phone ports to make a quick buck. Their own games on their own hardware practically sells itself.

How am I dumb?

Fucking loser.

take THAT mother fucker

god damn I got OWNNDDDDDDDD

I haven't bought a game since Pokemon Gold. If they released an app on a smartphone, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I don't have any interest in purchasing a DS/3DS or shelling out however much a game for it would be (or any handheld for that matter). I know plenty of people who feel similar.

I would have interest in spending $5 on an app so my friends and I can kill some boredom and relive nostalgia. Crazy concept? Look at Angry Birds, they've made millions off this same basic premise except Pokemon has a built-in fanbase that could dwarf what Angry Birds has done.

EDIT: Hell, make it a Chao Garden esque mini-game. You've got your own Pokemon Ranch and you take your Pokemon out for walks. You encounter random wild Pokemon that you would be able to battle, catch, etc.

maybe set it so that your region on the planet affects what Pokemon you can encounter? Certain Pokemon are only available in the State of Illinois, Province of Toronto, etc.

Pokemon would battle and level up as normal. You could build a squad and battle your friends. All on your Android Phone.

great. you and the "many people" you know that feel similar are in the minority and nintendo is not going to go to smart phones when they make more than enough from pokemon on their own handheld.

to compare pokemon to angry birds is laughable

make a new game on the original 152 and i will literally buy a 3DS and eat that shit up. You can keep those other 600 new rubber geometry cutout doofus pokemon though

This is what I don't get, you want a game with the original 151 pokemon yet from the sounds of your posts want something fresh/reboot. The way you're wording it is that as long as it has the original 151 you'll get it no matter what - which is merely just pandering to nostalgia...and isn't going to suddenly fix all the problems you have with Pokemon.

I dun' geddit dood.

This is what I don't get, you want a game with the original 151 pokemon yet from the sounds of your posts want something fresh/reboot. The way you're wording it is that as long as it has the original 151 you'll get it no matter what - which is merely just pandering to nostalgia...and isn't going to suddenly fix all the problems you have with Pokemon.

Well...yeah.

Nostalgia is about the only thing that will get me to play pokemon other than piracy

Edit:

without the TV show for reference, all pokemon are to me are squiggly little sprites with 4 attacks. I just cant stay interested.

I guess I just don't understand why you would hope for them to make a game with 151 creatures that function no different than the creatures they have in the game now, when the game is gonna be still fundamentally broken in the areas you have problems with. That's like playing with your poop, but the only way you'll enjoy it is if the poop was over a decade old haha.

If anything I've found the pokemon formula to have been perfected over the years. I don't play it competitively at all so all the extra bullshit included to make some godlike team doesn't even apply to me, but the main games have had a shit ton more to do in them so its all good to me.