A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Pokemon Android

Eminence

the last pokemon game i played was Emerald. I dont remember which gym leader i got to before i stopped. I started off with the fire starter. In like the first forest or two, i caught a...Wingull, i think? Taught it water techniques. I also eventually came across a Minun. I taught it all thunder techniques. Using these 3 pokemon exclusively, caught very early on, i wrecked every trainer and gym leader i came across. I had fun doing it, but one day i turned off the DS in the car and never felt the urge to finish the game.

I just feel like, pokemon used alot of concepts in the TV show to make its battles interesting, but the only thing the games push is elemental R-P-S. The Pokemon Stadium games is really what feels like a dropped an opportunity to me. With a 3D avenue they should have been able to drop the old RPG setup and go with a battle system that tries to capture the show a bit better. Perhaps a battle system with a bit more emphasis on positioning and surroundings, where something like being able to fly, burrow, teleport or move fast gives the pokemon a better feel. Something to connect you with the pokemon a bit more than just 4 signature moves that are super effective or not effective.

It's not that i think pokemon is a bad or flawed videogame, I never said that. I think it works well, and doesn't necessarily NEED to be changed at all. I just...dont care for it. And the fact that i dont know anything about the 9,431 pokemon that exist now really doesn't help my incentive to pick it up anytime soon. Afterall, they're just alternate forms of the same 151 i grew up with.

why couldn't it have been medabots to get popular instead

then again the games for that were pretty hard to play and not feel like you were wasting time with them.

atleast it was more interesting an idea than get fighting/psychic lvl 100 to win

did they EVER balance the pokemon out or are there STILL those few that are ultimately broken in the hands of a 5 year old?

why couldn't it have been medabots to get popular instead

then again the games for that were pretty hard to play and not feel like you were wasting time with them.

atleast it was more interesting an idea than get fighting/psychic lvl 100 to win

did they EVER balance the pokemon out or are there STILL those few that are ultimately broken in the hands of a 5 year old?

Fully evolved, slaved starters are still broken as fuck at level 100, but that's to be expected. It's actually something of a reward for investing that much time into the Pokemon you've had all along.