A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Why do we uninstall software?

OverbounD

Shouldn't we outstall or unstall?

The question came to me as I am having issues with my tablet which is a Lapazz HA60.

The software/driver just wouldn't... outstall, so I deleted all the registry entries I could find, deleted the .cpl file, and all the program files. Now the damn thing won't reinstall. I emailed tech support, but I have a feeling they are all in China or something. The damn thing was a birthday gift otherwise I would have bough a Wacom. God Damn it!

un-2  

a prefix freely used in English to form verbs expressing a reversal of some action or state, or removal, deprivation, release, etc. ( unbend; uncork; unfasten , etc.), or to intensify the force of a verb already having such a meaning ( unloose ).

Whereas Re would imply that we are doing the action again, un is the opposite. So uninstall makes perfect sense to me as a term.

Shouldn't we outstall or unstall?

The question came to me as I am having issues with my tablet which is a Lapazz HA60.

The software/driver just wouldn't... outstall, so I deleted all the registry entries I could find, deleted the .cpl file, and all the program files. Now the damn thing won't reinstall. I emailed tech support, but I have a feeling they are all in China or something. The damn thing was a birthday gift otherwise I would have bough a Wacom. God Damn it!

You might need to figure out if there were any registry entries created when you installed it the first time. You might be able to figure this out by installing the drivers on another computer. Also frequently if there are drivers on the installation disk, you can grab them yourself and install them the old fashioned way.

You might need to figure out if there were any registry entries created when you installed it the first time. You might be able to figure this out by installing the drivers on another computer. Also frequently if there are drivers on the installation disk, you can grab them yourself and install them the old fashioned way.

Installing on another PC and checking the registry is a great idea. As for installing drivers the old fasion, this is one of those rare occasions that I actually need the software that comes with the driver.

As for you Duckboy. I would speculate that the root word park must have a meaning similar to relax.