A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

New Stuff

Aaron C-T

Lord Alavar Original Model

Did that one right before I left, it had crappy texturing at the time (it's around the eyes, almost unnoticeable). When I got back yesterday I had to start writing my article, but today I've been messing around with spreading out UVMaps and painting them. I also attempted to fix the head on the Roz model. There are still some issues wrong with it such as the eyes caving in too much (even for a stylized design), Roz's clothes had no sort of texture to them whatsoever, I've yet to texture Roz's face, and I've still got to cook up an eye texture (the ones I've been using are simply edited from ones I googled). I've also got to figure out how to render in Maya so that I can use the hair function in Maya, as Lord Alavar (the one closest in this next picture) is supposed to have long, white hair that's combed back and is almost shoulder length. I think I've finally found a lighting style I'm comfortable with which will cause problems when/if I move to Maya (which I already mess with sometimes) as I will either have to get it to work there or develop a new visual style.

It's really not much as far as the "style" actually goes, a hemi light, tons of cloud textures with bump mapping, a combination of toon and lambert shading. Now if only I could do some of the other characters I've designed I'd be good. But for now I'm stuck with these 2 characters, only one of which (Alavar) I really like.

Lord Alavar & Roz- Updated

Lord Alavar- Full Body Shot.. that sounds kinda bad xD

The DeviantArt Link for those who'd rather comment there.

So yea.. comments and crits. And about the ears.. I'll get to it. Eventually. xD