A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Unused Sonic Characters

Sonic has a lot of famous characters that while LOVED in games, Don't get any spotlight in Fan Games. These are those characters. and I'll update every once in a while.

1.Silver: A obvious to notice one. I see a lot of love for him, but no Fan Games, Why? He has Telekinesis and the ability to hover. Those could make unique Game.

2.Shadow: Many say he is better then Sonic. But, No one chooses him to put in Fan Games. He can use Guns,Chaos Control, and Chaos Blast. He could be used for a Run And Gun game. But no, We just choose another Sonic Game over him.

Sonic has a lot of famous characters that while LOVED in games, Don't get any spotlight in Fan Games. These are those characters. and I'll update every once in a while.

Mighty, The Chaotix (and they used to be rather frequent), Ray, Big the Cat.

1.Silver: A obvious to notice one. I see a lot of love for him, but no Fan Games, Why? He has Telekinesis and the ability to hover. Those could make unique Game.

I don't know where you are seeing this love for Silver, but he's just awful. Also the mechanics of hovering and telekinesis just aren't that novel.

2.Shadow: Many say he is better then Sonic. But, No one chooses him to put in Fan Games. He can use Guns,Chaos Control, and Chaos Blast. He could be used for a Run And Gun game. But no, We just choose another Sonic Game over him.

Um... probably 60% of newly announced fan games that don't prominently feature Sonic are about Shadow. Most people also aren't that fond of guns (and chaos blast is just a boring radial attack).

Long story short, everything mentioned in this post is incorrect and completely lacking perspective.

I think maybe the reason for the obscurity of characters such as Mighty, Ray, and Silver is because of their striking similarity to Sonic himself. I mean, seriously, Mighty looks like a palette swap of Sonic with a red shell and rounded-out ears. xD I think the only reason Shadow is so popular is because he just looks and acts cool.

What's I'd really love to see is Sega start getting more creative with their character designs. Just a little bit, like these guys. No more recolors of Sonic recolors. (Looking at you, Mephiles.) That is, of course, assuming that they're even keen in introducing any new characters at this point. If I were them, I'd just stick with the current cast except on the rare occasions where a new character would make things more interesting story-wise.

• 3 weeks later...

Fang/Nack is on the border line between obscure and used. I've seen him in a couple of games but not nearly the requisite amount needed for me personally to count him as "well used/known".

He's an edgy cunning mastertheif in some portrayals and a clumsy dumbwit in some. Either way there's something that comepls me towards him.

Fang/Nack is on the border line between obscure and used. I've seen him in a couple of games but not nearly the requisite amount needed for me personally to count him as "well used/known".

He's an edgy cunning mastertheif in some portrayals and a clumsy dumbwit in some. Either way there's something that comepls me towards him.

And he's still the only character who actually wants sonic dead or otherwise gone through to the end of every game he's in, and isn't affiliated with Eggman.