A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

My first stage, Water Works

Not sure if this is the place to post this, but I think it's the one who fits the most.

I've been working during the last days in my first stage using Sonic Worlds. It's not too much, the backgrounds are only a blue recolor of Labyrinth Zone's (I suck at any type of art e.e), I'm still using a lot of graphics from the engine and the level design isn't the best thing, but keep in mind that it's my very, very first stage and I'm still testing things (not to say that Labyrinth tiles are pretty "squared" anyway e.e)

Exe Download

So... what do you think about it? Is that good for someone who started, let's say, more or less one month ago? What do I need to change in order to make better stages? Remember, this is only a test stage.

I'm not really that great in level design either but I guess you could put more enemies and increase distances of the other platforms so that the player doesn't just go to the highest point of the stage and spin dash of it to the goal ring.

I'm not really that great in level design either but I guess you could put more enemies and increase distances of the other platforms so that the player doesn't just go to the highest point of the stage and spin dash of it to the goal ring.

Yeah, there aren't really much enemies, actually I'm already fixing this right now (that stage is still pretty... beta). About the platform distance, I'll see what I can do about it :tgrin:

Sure, that stage is just my first attempt at creating one and it's pretty incomplete, I still plan on adding various things to it anyway (like some details and gimmicks), so it will get better with time.

And that part with a lot of spikes, I wanted to give a challenge to the player, but they really are overused, so I'll remove some. I'll also be studying those Sonic maps, they should be really useful at understanding how stage creation works.