A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Kony 2012

Jamworld

my girlfriend read the full story and watched the video and said it's just complete uneducated bullshit propaganda. i trust her because she's smarter than me.

so fuck kony, fuck the kony campaign and fuck everyone who thinks joining a group on facebook will achieve something.

One of the main criticisms behind the video is that it oversimplifies the troubles in Uganda and that the filmmakers were painting the Ugandan government too positively. Keep in mind, however, that if they had explained the conflict in complete, unbiased detail, the video would be far too long to become as viral as it did.

As for working with corrupt officials during the film, I'm not sure they had a choice; Pretty much every major political force in the region is corrupt in some way, so they made the logical decision of choosing the ones that were the most organized and best equipped to go after Kony. There's still really no way to tell if their demonization of Kony is 100% accurate, so we'll have to wait until he's put on trial. If he's put on trial.

Yeah, it's propUganda, but it's damn good propUganda. It manipulated millions of people around the world into suddenly caring about an issue that doesn't affect them in the slightest.

God damnit not here too...

http://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comments/qlc3u/invisible_children_stop_kony/c3yil0i

http://ilto.wordpress.com/2006/11/02/the-visible-problem-with-invisible-children/

Read those and learn how shitty that organization that made the video is. Go read up on Kony on something like wikipedia or a reputable news source, just don't watch that fucking video.

Reminds me of this

(Activate the CC to view with English Subs)

Several Brazilian actors and actresses talking about something they don't know exactly what it is: the Belo Monte hydroelectric that is going to be constructed. They just "signed the petition" and said their text.

This video was pretty much bashed by several college students in videos, belying several informations showed in it.

It almost tricked me, though.

This is why we should ALWAYS look for more information before taking part on any kind of protest/campaign. Thus, I'm pretty much sure that some idiots will see the video, close their browsers and walk around Uganda looking for this Pon... Kony guy. He won't last long.

Some people see a problem and don't think through their solution.

Instead of an intelligent, coordinated plan designed at fixing the problem, they come up with a knee-jerk reaction that targets the most visible part.

We COULD try to help Africans coordinate replacing their corrupt governments that allow Kony and the Lord's Resistance Army to prosper with no resistance, OR we could just try to get rid of Kony, because if you cut of the head of a Hydra, it dies. Right?