A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Before The Sequel'12 - Released!

LakeFeperd

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

@Lake and Falk: Being sincere? The Kirby song you were using for Arcane Altitude Act 1 makes me jizz in my pants, Lake knows that. It really gives the feeling of a final zone. This "Stratospheric Synergy" song is nice, but it seems too happy for me. I'd rather see some kind of remix of the other one.

EDIT: And I've never played Kirby, so it's not nostalgia-related.

It's chill on purpose w.r.t context/placement within the game. Relax, there's still Act2/Death Egg for tension-building. :V I definitely agree that the vast majority of Lake's original song choices were excellent though so I know where you're coming from. Consider it an experiment on my part that we'll need to see a build closer to completion to gauge, and I do have a backup plan on where to put StratoSyn (with a name change) if necessary.

Also I'm consciously making a decision to only include Sonic-based music as cameos/remixes in the new OST.

It's chill on purpose w.r.t context/placement within the game. Relax, there's still Act2/Death Egg for tension-building. :V I definitely agree that the vast majority of Lake's original song choices were excellent though so I know where you're coming from. Consider it an experiment on my part that we'll need to see a build closer to completion to gauge, and I do have a backup plan on where to put StratoSyn (with a name change) if necessary.

Also I'm consciously making a decision to only include Sonic-based music as cameos/remixes in the new OST.

I see.

You're one heck of a musician, Falk. I'm sure you're about to something awesome.

*slaps forehead* Posting in Andy's thread just reminded me, I've been tooting my own horn way too much. Fortress Flow music pretty much as it will appear in the game can be previewed over at his portfolio page. Stellar work, especially -that section- on the boss theme. When you recognize it, you shit bricks :V

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you're updating the visuals, would you mind making the rain effect in the first level look a bit less "abrupt"... You know how it just kind of stops when you get high enough. Perhaps making a particle effect spawning from an invisible bar at the top of the screen and have it stop spawning once the player reaches that height?

Most of the visuals upgrades are just there to fit the music

for an example: HHZ was a bit.. empty for that music, so i decided to add some more epicness to it

@TailsSena

nop, it doesn't just stop, just take a closer look

also, making a particle effect will just make the game a bit heavier, i mean, more slowdown

@Strife

well, i have a lot of doubts if i'll win this time around, there are some good fan games such as yours and sonic classic out there.

also, unlike you guys, i have just about 1 year of experience with this ("i'm still a noob")

• 2 weeks later...

just thought about posting this here

a_lost_genesis_game_by_neronz-d4yolak.jpg

a guy came to me on youtube with the idea of remaking BTS in HD...

well... i said NO to that idea but he insisted on helping me out with the game so i asked him to make a cover art for the OST and there it is =P

for me it looks awesome but what do you guys think?