A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Rael's guitar doings

Rael0505

Three Mile Bikeride - Craig D'Andrea

I'm Not Funny - Craig D'Andrea (incomplete, but what's there is pretty good)

Craig D'Andrea - Standing Still

Antoine Dufour - Cold Day (on a classical guitar - plays and sounds a bit different, but this may be my best guitar cover ever)

Into your Heart - Antoine Dufour

Ashes in the Sea - Antoine Dufour

So tell me which ones you liked, didn't like, bothered watching, etc please :aparty:

A little over a year ago I found out I live like 45 minutes away from Craig D'Andrea and actually took lessons with him for a few months (I immediately emailed him upon realizing how close we are hahaha). Taking lessons with one of your guitar idols is a pretty amazing experience, and I think I've improved a lot over the last year. As you could see if you compare, say, my new Three Mile Bikeride cover with my old one from April '09. I can't believe how awful I was just two and a half years ago :aparty:

Anyway thanks for watching guys.

edit: also sfghq should totally support video embedding. if i had little thumbnails of what the videos looked like here it would be much more enticing for you all to watch all my links than having a list of links to click...

second edit: also, all these videos were recorded after my lessons with craig with the exception of Ashes in the Sea. that video was recorded a few days before my first lesson with him, to show him where I was at. It's a decent cover, but I could make an even better one and probably will eventually.

third edit: there we go, I replaced the links with thumbnails (that i got from copying the image location of the thumbnails off my youtube channel rofl) that you click on to take you to the videos. that's way more interesting.

love the Cold Day cover; I've always been a big fan of Antoine's writing style.

You've improved shitloads over the past few months, really nice to see! I'm super impressed :D

So... reckon you'll be covering Aerial Boundaries anytime soon? :P I know you've at least tried, I was googling help on the left hand playing section and found a few posts by you on a guitar forum asking similar questions :D

Dude, your playing is wonderful. I remember you tagged me on Facebook once for one of these videos and I completely forgot to respond to it. Just wanted to tell you how much you've improved over the years, I remember swapping geetar trials with you! The fact that you got Craig D'Andrea to teach you is kickass.

And holy fuck that is some beautiful music ;-;