A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Problems with SDASH+

GiriX

Well, I open it and try to run it to see how it orks and this pops up, it doesnt give mean ignore option either D:

FATAL ERROR in

action number 1

of Trigger Event: <Deleted>

for object objTitleCard:

Error, no character name was found on 'Sonic.ANIM'

What's the objTitleCard and what does it have to do with the .ANIMs?

Well, I open it and try to run it to see how it orks and this pops up, it doesnt give mean ignore option either D:

FATAL ERROR in

action number 1

of Trigger Event: <Deleted>

for object objTitleCard:

Error, no character name was found on 'Sonic.ANIM'

What's the objTitleCard and what does it have to do with the .ANIMs?

Make sure all the .ANIM files are in the same folder as the .GMK/.EXE

They're in the folder from the last proper build. They're the same as SDASH anyway apart from one minor change to Sonics.

Also did you really need to make a topic about this? You could have aske din the actual thread?

If he tried to download the original SDASH from the Game Maker engines thread then I could see why he's having a problem. He must have downloaded from BlazeFire's files. But it seems he only downloaded the .GMK.

I'll try and compile a .ZIP with all the proper files.

• Like 1

Okay, so that GSI thing was stupid of me. Been up all night making sprites and playing with the graphics. So i'm adding a fourth character who I'm going to make the sole character for my game. I need an .ANIM file? How do I make new one's/edit pre-existing ones? sorry for idiot questions.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, so now I'm pretty much done adding Shadow into the game, but when I start it up and try to go to the 4th character on the select screen, there's an error. how do I make "conscharacter____" into an actual Constant?

I dont know how I didnt find that, thanks Chronic! I was messing with sonics sprites on a seperate GMK with Sdash and replacing some of them with metal sonic's. when I try to select Sonic, the game says that it can't find a "animations_Sonic" in global. I tried Selecting him in the other two gmk's and it gives the same message! Anyone knoe ehat's wrong? (sorry about the paragraph structure.)

Nah, nothng happened. actually, all my .anim files are capitalized, Tails and Knuckles work fine, but for some reason it can't find Sonic's .anim. when the gmk refers to any character animation, it's in capital as well. maybe if I switch the games to seperate folders?

*edit* Nope, that didn't do anything either...

btw, this is the error message I get, I also get this with My added character in my game, albiet a different name.

ERROR in

action number 4

of End Step Event

for object objPlayer:

Error in code at line 11:

if (SuperForm == false) CharacterAnimationId = global.Animations_Sonic;

^

at position 72: Unknown variable Animations_Sonic

*EDIT*

Okay, I figured out the problem, it was soo stupid... It was blank on the part where it tells the name, sigh...

Sorry for double post...