A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Best Freeware/Sonic Games

JetHawk95

So I'm kinda bored and wanna get into a game..

I could try some Sonic fan games but which complete ones would you recommend.

Also if not a Sonic game I'm looking for cool freeware games. I've played a collection of them such as Cave Story, A Game with A Kitty, All the Knytt Series, Trackmania and More...

Can you think of anything?

This should be a good chance for everyone to share games they know.

God dammit Chronic, don't do that to Jet.

Don't unleash I Wanna Be The Guy on anyone.

It's something that must be built up to. Those capable of playing it will hear whispers of it, on the wind.

Something calls to them, in the dead of night.

They research, and they learn, and they understand what it means to be The Guy.

And then, one day, it happens. And they play.

And some people become The Guy.

Most do not.

...my point here, is that C'MON! He ain't ready! >:/

IWBTG is great. It's stupidly cheeply difficult, but honestly it's difficult in an interesting kind of way. I find the ridiculous methods in which he gimps you to be highly creative. There is one stage in the game that's just not fun at all, though.

That, and the bosses were awesome. Mecha Birdo was actually very fun.

If you liked Streets of Rage (I guess you did) you have to try out the Remake. It was C&D'd, but about 3 days after release, so the game spread over the whole internets to ensure that you'll be able to find it.

Sonic themed, look around caiman's site and try out the Magicgrafx games (sonichaos series, especially) if you want fangaming classics.

Other very good games are One Girl Army (by Clwe) and Time Attacked, which you already mentioned.

Personally, I enjoy the shit out of Sonic MADventure every now and then. It's pretty funny, but buggy. His creator, DragonXVI is also behind the Thirdscape series, which is pretty hard, but has an excellent presentation.