A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

[mmf2] random sonic engine

Xodemon

First off, I'm not trying to make "the next sonic worlds", I'm creating this for learning 360* movement with physics and whatnot (and I'm bored too :P)

Features so far:

- basic movement in non360

todo:

- actual 360* movement :P

whole thing is coded from scratch, without any references so physics might be bit off.

pics:

sawnik1.png

sawnik2.png

sawnik3.png

(160 lines of events!)

video:

also; first 'actual' post in years :P

(yeah I joined (with another account, wich i cant access) years ago and asked help for tower defence project (but years have passed..), tho that game never got finished)

Well, no, i think the acceleration looks absolutely fine. I hate feeling sluggish in platformers.

ONLY issue i care to bring up are the animations. Specifically, it looks like when he is changing angle, his animation frames skip a bit, like they aren't fluid? Almost like hes changing animations. I dont know, maybe it's just the youtube video.

But whatever, i like it.

Well, no, i think the acceleration looks absolutely fine. I hate feeling sluggish in platformers.

ONLY issue i care to bring up are the animations. Specifically, it looks like when he is changing angle, his animation frames skip a bit, like they aren't fluid? Almost like hes changing animations. I dont know, maybe it's just the youtube video.

But whatever, i like it.

Actualy the animation is fluid, it might look like he's changing the animation but only in the first slope since i'm not going on steady speed and it keeps changing sonic's animation from walking to running and so on..

it also might be your videocard having trouble updating flash video on steady fps :P

Hmmmm. I just finished making an act 1 boss that uses more events than your engine (not that this is a good thing mind). And that's just the behavior. Still need to handle collisions and a couple of... incidentals.

*trudges on for SAGE*

well, lbp2d (tristanjmnz's project) had about 1141 event lines when it weren't even near first release