A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

SZ: SW Programing lab and debuging.

Aikocho

Anything related to the core engine of the project, ideas and all, go here. The only programmed used to make this engine is Multimedia Fusion 2 HWA version.

Also, anyone with said programs, or better suggestions for programs to use, they can post here. To work on the main engine, it is advise to post your e-mail, so the main project folder can be shared via Dropbox.

Copy Pasted from Level Collab topic...

I'd like to request that everyone add the following to their builds:

Objects:

Window Control Object (needs to be on every frame)

Global Values:

Global Value L = Window Size

Global Events:

Event 1

Conditions:

Global.Window Size < 3

Repeat while ctrl is held

Upon pressing '+'

Actions:

WindowControl.ResizeX(WindowControl.WinXSize + 320)

WindowControl.ResizeY(WindowControl.WinYSize + 240)

Event 2

Conditions:

Global.Window Size > 0

Repeat while ctrl is held

Upon pressing '-'

Actions:

WindowControl.ResizeX(WindowControl.WinXSize - 320)

WindowControl.ResizeY(WindowControl.WinYSize - 240)

This will allow ctrl and + to enlarge the screen up to 4x from any frame and ctrl - to decrease the size back down to 1x from any frame. Also, consider making the window not resizable by handles. Don't know how to do this yet, and I don't want to use non-stock plugins to accomplish it.

There are probably better ways to do this, but this is simple enough for now. Unfortunately it seems like various title bar sizes and whatnot get in the way of just using scalar multiples and still coming out with a proper scaling ratio, but there are ways around that. Just not very clean ones that don't use extra variables.

No, the position is definitely locked in both examples. By that I mean that if I move the window, it gets forced back to the center of the screen. This is bad for a number of reasons. Depending on drivers for instance, this could force multi-monitor users to have the window stuck between both monitors and it also prevents you from changing which monitor the game is running on. Also, it's just nice to have control over the position of the window.

I think those Enemys are well done. Nice work Appo. Also, I could make some angle detection for the Motobug but someone else would need to find a way to apply it to all of them since mine would use sensors. Although Lark would probably be the best person to do it since he did it once without using any sensors to do it. Which is even better.