A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Zero: The Official game of Sonic Worlds

it's worth getting to grips with it, and trust me I know how hard it can be.

first time I ever tried a tracker was when I used FL Studio as my main audio program, about 5-6 years ago. It's worth trying something like openMPT out just to get to grips with the interface.

anyway! looking forward to seeing some more stuff! I'm gonna have another go at some more test tracks tonight.

Now you can't say that I've never helped with anything on this forum...

VyxMf.png

This is a 2D/sprited version of my fangame's monitor. I've edited it a lil bit to fit better into classic's style.

Original monitor:

RVoLg.png

The monitor works better with a light on the sides... You can create the lights on Photoshop easily. :3

Deppending on the monitor, the 'gems' on the sides change their color, like Sonic's 1UP monitor = Blue gems, shield = soft blue, etc...

Now you can't say that I've never helped with anything on this forum...

[qimg]http://i.imgur.com/VyxMf.png[/qimg]

This is a 2D/sprited version of my fangame's monitor. I've edited it a lil bit to fit better into classic's style.

Original monitor:

[qimg]http://i.imgur.com/RVoLg.png[/qimg]

The monitor works better with a light on the sides... You can create the lights on Photoshop easily. :3

Deppending on the monitor, the 'gems' on the sides change their color, like Sonic's 1UP monitor = Blue gems, shield = soft blue, etc...

Zero_Monitors.png

Here they are. What do you think of this so far P3DR0?

wowww that's absolutely amazing. totally didn't expect that. but I think you're definitely onto something there, I mean that tune is amazing anyway, but maybe I could do the Act 1 stuff, then others can remix or we can interchange.

that's still amazing!

also! here's a little bonus to show off what VGM Music Maker can do:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/34309799/soniczero.bin

load that into a Genesis emulator and you can listen to a couple of songs I've done in VGMMM, including the Techzone one :D

About this, I'm still not quite sure. it's not that I don't like the songs you make, but I don't know how to use a VGM tracker. I've tried myself. It's just complicated right now. But also, I wonder if you can allso make these in ogg format, or similar.

Yeah making them OGG is no problem as VGMMM exports as WAV.

I'm not wanting to force VGMMM on anyone, though I have some ideas about audio direction, such as each song using the same drum samples similar to the genesis sonic games.

I find VGMMM to be fantastic as I have just over a year's experience of tracking (which shows it isn't that hard :P ), plus I love creating proper YM2612 instruments. I've used the Ultimate Megadrive Soundfont and wasn't too keen on its sound and just prefer dialing instruments in from scratch.

Would anyone be happy if I made some kind of video tutorial on how to use it?

If there's one thing I could suggest it would be to not use alliterative zone titles.

It's pretty restrictive in that it limits the the quality of the zone description and can sometimes sound kind of silly.

Plus it ends up just being a formula of "[Adjective] [Noun]", like Horrible Hill or Grassy Green. When you remove that formula I feel you can come up with better titles.

I also hate alliteration, you can thank GCSE English for that.