A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

My goddammed PSN is back up

Serephim

I mean whats the use of a modern gaming console without online? This downtime is really starting to prove how dependent this generation is on netplay.

Luckly i recently downloaded Parasite Eve and FFIX again, so i'll just knock those down in the meantime.

What the fuck could have let this happen? Who on earth hacked PSN to this degree? And i just love how biased IGN and their group of dumbasses are on the whole subject, posting articles and linking to PS3 hack sites seemingly just to spite them. I hope someone hacks them next, honest to god.

Unfortunately, cant really complain since PSN was free anyway. When my fucking 360 died, i lost about 28 days of Xbox Live, and had to literally search for a way to cancel my continuing subscription since Microsoft is full of little bastards. At least my PS3 still works : /

@Serephim Not gonna defend Microsoft in any way, but yet I find Xbox 360 an awesome console - and the first good thing is that Xbox LIVE was launched for Brasil (I know, there are A FUCKING BUNCH of games missing on it yet, but it's due to brazilian burocracy. But now I can fully play online and buy things paid with Reais). And if someone thinks Move is one step in front of Kinect, then this someone should test both first. He'll probably buy a Kinect.

Said once, gonna say again: girls LOVE Kinect. Two of them just left my house now.

Is online gaming really THAT essential? Seriously? Can you not play your games offline for a bit? Does every PS3 owner's library just consist of Modern Warfare and Black Ops?

It's not like you're paying for an online service like XBL, so it's not like they OWE you anything. All these games have offline functions too. I remember having a pretty sweet time trying to advance my career on Forza 3, trying to finish Saints Row 2, learning all the moves on Tekken 6 etc. none of which require online shite.

Shut the fuck up and play some campaigns.

Is online gaming really THAT essential? Seriously? Can you not play your games offline for a bit? Does every PS3 owner's library just consist of Modern Warfare and Black Ops?

It's not like you're paying for an online service like XBL, so it's not like they OWE you anything. All these games have offline functions too. I remember having a pretty sweet time trying to advance my career on Forza 3, trying to finish Saints Row 2, learning all the moves on Tekken 6 etc. none of which require online shite.

Playing video games with friends??? How absurd go play games by yourself you FOOLS

Also, you can still patch games. Go get the Continuum Shift 2 patch and get to know all the rebalances in training mode.

Really? How? Its not patching on my PS3...dont get my hopes up...

Edit: Oh. It comes out on the 12th for us. Way to go.

hey

hey

shut up i KNOW all of Lili's moves thank you very much

and i dont even own gay ops

It is possible to have friends close enough in physical proximity that they can come over to play games you know.

yeah and it's possible to have friends that aren't too, so i don't see the point in downing the online option because there's a single player mode

None of my friends own an Xbox 360, so I just don't play online that much. It's actually hard to play with someone that doesn't speaks your language. Not that I can't speak English - it's just funnier to yell rude slangs in Portuguese than in English.

I survive by playing almost it all offline, as well as both campaigns of Halo 3 and Halo: Reach.

Also why did I talk about that fucking CoD? Downloaded Gay Ops Demo. It SERIOUSLY sucks hard dicks.

Call of Duty isn't a bad game. I very much enjoy the single player campaign. (My dad has it on PC. Stereo Headphones F.T.W.)

It's just, what it's done to the rest of the games around it. I dont even glance at FPS shooters anymore. They're all the same. The only shooters i care for enough to buy are Halo and Gears of War.

I feel Halo has kept its "uniqueness". I figured Reach was going to be Halo 3 with new graphics, but the multiplayer gameplay feels drastically improved with the abilities, which simply make me feel much closer to controlling a Halo SPARTAN than ever before. It makes for great multiplayer matches, mixed with the weapons and vehicles.

Call of Duty...just isn't a great FPS to me, especially for multiplayer. And it's success has crippled the industry, IMO. (Could say the same for Halo...but i like Halo.) I feel its Single Player immersion has been pretty much unmatched in terms of war games, but thats where it ends for me.

I love online multiplayer games, and with a service like PSN I think its reasonable to be a little peeved that the service still isn't up. Granted, I do think having the security tightened is more important than playing online, but I can see where people would be upset.

Sure it is free but in a market where a large chunk of the games you buy on 360/PS3 -are- online modes adding hundreds of extra hours of replay if they are good, it makes sense why people would be upset. Also keep in mind that some titles on the PSN that you download from the story have a DRM or whatever where you have to be connected to PSN in order to play them (if I remember correctly, I might be wrong). So you now have games that you bought that you can't play due to their reliance on the network.

I do agree that single player is often overlooked these days. The most recent single player game I've been playing is Vanquish and I've been loving it to death. I haven't had much time (or money) for games so thats one game I am still trying to power through (I'm on the last boss on hard mode ahhh, its so hard). But I also don't see the point in telling people to stop whining about the network being down when the online component is a large part of a game they spent 60 or whatever dollars on to play.

I love online multiplayer games, and with a service like PSN I think its reasonable to be a little peeved that the service still isn't up. Granted, I do think having the security tightened is more important than playing online, but I can see where people would be upset.

Sure it is free but in a market where a large chunk of the games you buy on 360/PS3 -are- online modes adding hundreds of extra hours of replay if they are good, it makes sense why people would be upset. Also keep in mind that some titles on the PSN that you download from the story have a DRM or whatever where you have to be connected to PSN in order to play them (if I remember correctly, I might be wrong). So you now have games that you bought that you can't play due to their reliance on the network.

I do agree that single player is often overlooked these days. The most recent single player game I've been playing is Vanquish and I've been loving it to death. I haven't had much time (or money) for games so thats one game I am still trying to power through (I'm on the last boss on hard mode ahhh, its so hard). But I also don't see the point in telling people to stop whining about the network being down when the online component is a large part of a game they spent 60 or whatever dollars on to play.

I think Offline Multiplayer has been overlooked this generation. And with good reason, i must admit. But it's something that isn't replaceable with online modes, imo.

I've been wishing for another 4-player splitscreen Phantasy Star game since PSO Ep1&2. Games these days do co-op online, but dont offer offline. They do multiplayer, but online only multiplayer. It's no surprise people are getting antsy.

After you beat the single player, there's usually not much to do BUT go online. Blazblue is like the only game i play on my PS3 aside from occasionally FFXIII or my frequently my PSN PS1 classics (because older games are better, im getting convinced).

Im gonna download BBCS2 tomorrow, and wont be able to murjer anyone. I want to murjer people dammit.

So you can't play downloaded games on PS3 unless you are connected to PSN? NOW that really sucks.

The only games we can only play online are the Indie Games. Due to no-rating issues, I guess.

No, it sucks real hoes.

It's actually a "buceta cabeluda esporrada".

(Don't translate it. SERIOUSLY.)

I dunno. I've never been a big fan of shooters. I've always been afraid of buying something not worth my money (fuck Sonic 2006). But the day a friend of mine was coming to my house to play, then I figured "I NEED TO BUY A GOOD SHOOTER". Went to the store, then said "I wanna buy Halo". The man on the balcony asked me which one, I said "the lastest one out" (Halo Reach. It's risky to say a name that's not in your country's native language. People usually don't understand a word you say. Specially the idiots that sell games). Found it awesome. Too bad my Halo: Reach disk is broken, fortunately Î still have Halo 3. But I'm gonna buy that game again. And this time, with Portuguese dubbing.

So you can't play downloaded games on PS3 unless you are connected to PSN? NOW that really sucks.

Yeah you can. You misunderstood i guess, but you can play your downloaded PSN games offline, of course.

I dunno about PS+ titles though.