A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Adventure Remix Thread

Since i have lot to talk about ive decided to make a athread for my workin progress game. Don't believe the game is real here's some screen shots

:tgrin:

still its only a work in progress nothing to be excited about...yet

NOTE: this is made using Game Maker and the b3 engine.

I will be posting anything new that i want you guys to rate say like a sprite or music. Please tell me what could be improved:)

post-4768-138639764715_thumb.png

post-4768-138639764717_thumb.png

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait im really confused about this project dude.

So are you bassicaly remaking Sonic adventure remix?

Or are you the actual author who made the original Sonic Adventure Remix which was canceled?

GamerGuy made Sonic Adventure Remix. This guy is remaking it.

Well anyways on to more pressing matters. Anyone have an idea on making a spring like gamerguys and the sonic adventure where you point in the direction of the spring and it centers you to the spring but in the engine im using i doesn't seem to be working.

• 2 weeks later...

its been awhile but i need some help with something quite difficult. Is anybody familier with Sonic Battle and its arena? Well I'm trying to make an arena just like in game maker but i dont know how to start it off. The arena is going to be 3d and its going to be used for the boss battles and the adventure feilds. Could someone plz help me

You might think that i don't know what im talking about, but don't use crappy 3d arena's for boss battles. Thats not how sonic adventure is period. The only thing u barely need a 3d kind of thing is the (of course) adventure field.

Add: By the way i've seen games have an adventure field thats 2d (Sonic FGX 2) so u can probably try something like that.

Add 2: Ask Deoldrick at the fgx insider of any kind of help including the 2d adventure field he might be willing to help.

the whole game is 3d.lol. but im not trying to make sonic battle fighting and crap its going to have the sonic adventure moves and everything but in an arena. Plus the arena also is going to be used as a chao garden which cant possible be in 2d perspective(Maybe isometric can). Anyways i wanted a more interesting adventure field one that can make up for the lack of 3d in my game. Im going to try using isometric which is sort of like rpg camera.

:asmile: Well im almost done with amy and im going to finish the level. There one other problem like HOW TO MAKE A FREAKIN BOSS. i tell you enemies are not as tough as bosses so ill need some help with that. so plz plz give me any ideas. thx

Sorry for the mistake in me saying the game had nothing to do with 3d that was stupid to say, but it seems like u had it together. Now the boss making problem u will have to refer to the theguyoverthere's tutorial for a start.

Link:

That was rather disappointing. I don't think I've ever seen a tutorial that fails completely to live up to its premise in the first video before.

You can tell he's doing it for bosses because he expends no effort to make sure that the code can work with multiple instances of the same object.

Yep, and it is sad that this is the only tutorial on youtube that's legit. I could make u one, but right now im working on my sin and punishment engine.... yea it looks like he's not really interested in making this tutorial but what can u expect from him he's only worked on a shooting platformer game that's actually preety cool.

HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII EVERYONE! thought i might start out screaming well anyways.... first i would like to say thanks to wolfcub(i think your name is spelled wrong) i like the tutorial except as i said before im using game maker not mmf2. also im almost done with amy(sorry it took so long i had alot of homework in school) here are the screenshots...

AmyR14.png

FAIL! XD

AmyR13.png

AmyR12.png

Hmmmmmm........

AmyR1.png

And still there is a dire need of help which is creating that bird that follows amy but have the ai of the cheese in sonic advance 2 and 3

The basic AI isn't terribly hard. Pick the spot you want the bird to be at (say, 6 pixels above Amy, and 8 pixels to her right/left depending on which way she's facing). Then, write conditions that add or subtract from the bird's X/Y position until it gets there, like so...

Amy is facing Right; Bird's X position < Amy's X position - 8...
-->Add 1 to Bird's X position

This will give you a bird that flies to a certain point near Amy, then just stops until you move again. If you want it to look a little nicer, you can have a variable that is set to 1 when the bird gets in position. When that variable equals 1, make the bird do a little flying routine. When Amy moves again, reset the variable back to 0. (If you do this variation, you'll need to change my example code above to check to see if the variable equals 0).

Hope that helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Well its been a while and im going to introduce something a bit too ahead of buisness. Well you know the sonic adventure remix i am making im still going to continue that but im making another on to.here it is

Sonic_Rush_Advanced.jpg

yep thats right an advanced version of sonic rush while bring back aspects of sonic advance series, more in particular to sonic advance 2.

p.s. quick heads up i will also start making other games this summer

• sonic generations pc mix
  • sonic adventure 2 remix
  • chao ds(profit game, probably not going to happen)

ok see yas

Wow, so you're gonna tackle many projects at once this summer huh. This all is sounding pretty good, but don't over-do it, seeing as a lot of single fangames never get finished because of lack of interest in the designer or starting on a different project too soon. My advice is to focus on one project at a time to prevent a stressful situation. But good luck nonetheless.