A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

sonic doodle

sonic101

Pic looks awesome. ( Thought the first one wasn't bad either ) One complaint is the rings are blue in the center. It should be the same color of the sky.

You know, with a picture of that quality I honestly expected shadows and object shading...

Guest Shadix
ya i know larkss, i drew that pic years ago, (about 6 years) and if i remember correctly my dog kind of ran off with the other pencil crayon used and chewwed it up on the floor so i had to use a different one...

If that was from 6 years ago I can't imagine what your stuff looks like now :o.

if you're not Mark P, someone stole your art lol

Ya my name in real life is Mark David Parkell, thats what the initials MDP stand for in the lower right corner, as for it being submited on that sonic site i honestly have no clue how it got on there, i never submited it, but whom ever did, was kind enough to at least give my name and not "steal" the credit, if you really need further proof i can take a picture of me holding the hard copy of the pic lol, ive got it in my little drawing portfolio enxt to my desk.

Below is a double post that has been automagically merged into the original.

If that was from 6 years ago I can't imagine what your stuff looks like now :o.

ahem...I would show you but um... A.) you'd have to be a pervert, and B.) theres kids here, if you catch my drift but i do have another post on here with some of my other art in the "hello i draw anime" thread.

Hmm, those pics have very different styles and honestly I prefer the older one you drew 6 years. Maybe you should make some more art with your old style? :P

Well on that part I can't take credit in good concious. To be honest that very pose in that picture is taken from and issue of the archie sonic comics. drawn by patrick spazzante. I did indeed draw that picture above, and no i didn't trace sonic, I drew it from memory, but it's not speciffically "MY" style of art though it is a very good one. At the time I was attempting to draw with other peoples styles of art to improve my own.

So to say" draw more in my older style" would essentially be copying some one elses works and I don't think thats the right thing to do honestly. The first pic i posted was just a fast doodle and wasnt ment to be very detailed.

I'd be more then willing to draw up a fully detailed one in my own style though and show you what it's like, what i've learn since then.